cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture...approved, then cancelled?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Venture...approved, then cancelled?

I had something similar happen when I was trying to activate my Quicksilver One card. I couldn't get it activated so I called and I was transferred to the fraud department, I never knew why it was flagged for fraud but they asked me to submit some documents like DL, SSN card, bills, etc. After they reviewed the documents they unblocked my card and I was able to use it no problem. A few weeks later my card got blocked again, so I called and they told me that someone had looked at the old issue and decided to block it, without realizing that the issue had been resolved!!!! So it appears that Capital One has some great reps and some really really bad ones.... 

Message 21 of 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I'm back on track!

I talked with a lady yesterday, sent her my DL and she just called me back. Said there might have just been some discrepencies on my report, I said, nope, I pull them 1-2 times a year.

Then just as we were getting done and she was trying to activate my card, she said there was a fraud note attached to the card. She said "it looks like there is a note that someone called you on the 0825 number, isn't that the one we're on now?'  I said yup. She said looks like they called that number on the 17th and that "you" had talked to "Rhonda" and said no card was ordered"  I said, nope, no one called me or talked to me.

So ALL of this because "Rhonda" dialed the wrong **bleep** number?  Did they not verify name? Number? Anything????

So dumb.

Anywho's, this lady was super duper awesome, she is expediting me another card since this one has a fraud alert on it and she doesn't want me to have issues with it.

So YEAH!  Contact these cc companies on FB whenever you can!

Glad to hear it, thanks for updating us.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 22 of 25
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I'm back on track!

I talked with a lady yesterday, sent her my DL and she just called me back. Said there might have just been some discrepencies on my report, I said, nope, I pull them 1-2 times a year.

Then just as we were getting done and she was trying to activate my card, she said there was a fraud note attached to the card. She said "it looks like there is a note that someone called you on the 0825 number, isn't that the one we're on now?'  I said yup. She said looks like they called that number on the 17th and that "you" had talked to "Rhonda" and said no card was ordered"  I said, nope, no one called me or talked to me.

So ALL of this because "Rhonda" dialed the wrong **bleep** number?  Did they not verify name? Number? Anything????

So dumb.

Anywho's, this lady was super duper awesome, she is expediting me another card since this one has a fraud alert on it and she doesn't want me to have issues with it.

So YEAH!  Contact these cc companies on FB whenever you can!

Glad to hear it, thanks for updating us.

Congrats! What is your CL?

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy it worked out for you

Message 24 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the new Capital One card!  Smiley Very Happy

I know it was a pain to get through their hurdles, but I'm glad to hear everything has worked out.  As annoying as it was, I'm also pleased to hear that the reason for the issue is at least plausible... so many other companies would keep you completely in the dark as to what happened leaving you to wonder (and that's if they resolved it at all).

I believe now that you're "in" you'll be very pleased with Capital One going forward.  They have been a very good partner for me the last few years, both generous and dependable.  Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.