Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One (slop) Bucket Luv x 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One (slop) Bucket Luv x 2

Yeah, I've got two Cap1 rinky dinky bucketed cards: $300 CL that a couple months back I PC'd to a QS and a $750 QS1 that because Cap1 loves me so much they cut the AF awhile back to 19 bucks. 

Like clockwork, every two weeks I fill out the online request for CLI. I get a we'll let you know message. In a couple of days I get an email with a link to my decline letter. But that's yesterday's news. Today's result:

300 SL +   250 CLI to new 550 CL;

750 SL + 1500 CLI to new 2250 CL;

So plus $1750 for my efforts. I think I'll continue my bi-monthly ritual a while longer and look to combine down the road after another successful CLI round. I'll also try to upgrade before that $19 AF comes due again. 

Note: reading my previous failure letters it seems Cap1 consistently uses scores (EX for me) that are 5-6 weeks old. So if you get a nice score spike and want to get a CLI with them, it probably won't happen for another month or so. 

My DP's: EX 680-700; owed $0 on 300 CL; $240 (not on statement yet) on 750 CL. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One (slop) Bucket Luv x 2

Congrats on the credit limit increases.

Message 2 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thats the way it is with those 2 cards. You were upgraded to QS. At least you get more cash back with 2 cards instead of 1. But it's still a Platinum. Been there done that. We all have to start somewhere. I was in your shoes 3 yrs ago. Let them age and then move on up with better options in time. Cap1's starter cards will never be your higest CL's.  Just a steppin stone to better things to come. Congrats on the CLI's. Some dont even get that much.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the double CLI! Keep us updated if you get another Cat Happy

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your sloppy increases. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the Cap 1 increases. That's definitely a rarity. I thought I read somewhere that Cap 1 only considers you for an increase every 6 months.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

James_A quite a "slop bucket" and your persistence is paying off slowly. Seems Cap1 can be stubborn from time to time on CLIs ... keep pushing! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on the Cap 1 increases. That's definitely a rarity. I thought I read somewhere that Cap 1 only considers you for an increase every 6 months.

You might be right -- this is my 1st CLI in 6 years, although prior to joining this forum I had never requested one.

Note: two different cards = two increases total, but one each. I've no plans to stop asking, so I'll update if I get another. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.