Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one, Amex, citi!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one, Amex, citi!!

I wanted to put my info out there and maybe I will help someone too.

Background: started off this journey with a score in the low 500's and decided I needed to "put my big girl panties" on and stop ignoring my scores and debts. When I had turned 18 I went crazy with credit cards and was so irresponsible. That resulted in a ton of collections and charge offs. In November of last year I got denied from Barclay, an old navy store card, and probably someothers, but I wasn't surprised because I had some baddies from almost 7 years ago that hadn't fallen off yet. At the same time I managed to get approved for:
Nordstrom card 500 limit (initial denial then EO email and they called me and approved.. I think my shopping habits there already helped my cause)
Amazon store card $800 (instant approval, I had a lot of items in my store cart, I also was already a prime member and spend a lot there on our debit)
Walmart $500 (instant approval)

After the denials and those approvals I decided to garden to last week. Mainly because I had auto cli on Walmart (now $800), Amazon (now $1200), and Nordstrom ($1500!!!!!). I had requested a cli at one point with Amazon and was denied but didn't ever try a cli with the others.

My score recently has been 680-690's and my utilization was around 30% due to purchases I had just made. I always make multiple payments a month.

I decided to first apply to cap one (which I burned 7 years ago) after checking their pre qualifier which offered a quicksilver one and got the 5-7 day notice. Called and they wanted proof of income. Faxed that over and they gave me a $500 credit limit.

I got excited and decided to check all the pre qualifiers and Amex had the everyday and the blue cash one. I decided to go for the everyday and got the 7-10day notice. Instead of going to sleep and waiting I decided to apply for a business gold and got denied right away then applied for a business simple cash and got the 7-10 day. They needed my address verified because I just moved. So they verified it through my bank and approved the ED for $4,000!!! I was so excited I couldn't believe it. The business card is on a fraud hold for a few days since I applied for multiple cards so it's still pending.

I decided to push my luck and apply for the Costco citi yesterday because I spend tons of money there. I guess I was waiting for a denial so I could garden for a while. I thought for sure it was a denial and I got an instant approval for $4,000!!! I was thrilled because it was my first instant for a non store card yay! Also, citi was burned 7 years ago (a family member opened a card in my name but I couldn't get it removed but that baddie just fell off this month).

Then today I found out that I got the discover it for $5,500 that I applied for a couple days ago (posted separate about that approval).

I am off to the garden for a while. Can't wait to see how high my credit will go and how high I can get these credit lines. Chase is my next goal. They were burned for a much higher amount as I was a co signer on a car that got repo'd.

My fiancé laughs at me because I am obsessed with researching this forum and get excited for every point my credit score goes up. He just doesn't understand my excitement. At one point my credit was so crappy I couldn't even get a bank account!
15 REPLIES 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap one, Amex, citi!!

Nice approvals you got yourself there !! Way to go on getting your credit up there , I'm rebuilding now , it's a tough journey , and some days it's so disappointing, but I read these stories and know that I have to hang in there and it will all pay off ! Congrats
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Background: started off this journey with a score in the low 500's and decided I needed to "put my big girl panties" on and stop ignoring my scores and debts. When I had turned 18 I went crazy with credit cards and was so irresponsible. That resulted in a ton of collections and charge offs. In November of last year I got denied from Barclay, an old navy store card, and probably someothers, but I wasn't surprised because I had some baddies from almost 7 years ago that hadn't fallen off yet. At the same time I managed to get approved for:
Nordstrom card 500 limit (initial denial then EO email and they called me and approved.. I think my shopping habits there already helped my cause)
Amazon store card $800 (instant approval, I had a lot of items in my store cart, I also was already a prime member and spend a lot there on our debit)

After the denials and those approvals I decided to garden to last week. Mainly because I had auto cli on Walmart (now $800), Amazon (now $1200), and Nordstrom ($1500!!!!!). I had requested a cli at one point with Amazon and was denied but didn't ever try a cli with the others.

My score recently has been 680-690's and my utilization was around 30% due to purchases I had just made. I always make multiple payments a month.

I decided to first apply to cap one (which I burned 7 years ago) after checking their pre qualifier which offered a quicksilver one and got the 5-7 day notice. Called and they wanted proof of income. Faxed that over and they gave me a $500 credit limit.

I got excited and decided to check all the pre qualifiers and Amex had the everyday and the blue cash one. I decided to go for the everyday and got the 7-10day notice. Instead of going to sleep and waiting I decided to apply for a business gold and got denied right away then applied for a business simple cash and got the 7-10 day. They needed my address verified because I just moved. So they verified it through my bank and approved the ED for $4,000!!! I was so excited I couldn't believe it. The business card is on a fraud hold for a few days since I applied for multiple cards so it's still pending.

I decided to push my luck and apply for the Costco citi yesterday because I spend tons of money there. I guess I was waiting for a denial so I could garden for a while. I thought for sure it was a denial and I got an instant approval for $4,000!!! I was thrilled because it was my first instant for a non store card yay! Also, citi was burned 7 years ago (a family member opened a card in my name but I couldn't get it removed but that baddie just fell off this month).

Then today I found out that I got the discover it for $5,500 that I applied for a couple days ago (posted separate about that approval).

I am off to the garden for a while. Can't wait to see how high my credit will go and how high I can get these credit lines. Chase is my next goal. They were burned for a much higher amount as I was a co signer on a car that got repo'd.

My fiancé laughs at me because I am obsessed with researching this forum and get excited for every point my credit score goes up. He just doesn't understand my excitement. At one point my credit was so crappy I couldn't even get a bank account!

Congratulations On Your Approval....Thanks For Sharing..Cat Very HappyMan LOLWoman LOLSmiley LOL

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all of your new cards!  Woman Very Happy I agree, this is a great forum and everyone teaches you so much.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

CongratulationsSmiley Happy Encouraging for me on my rebuilding journey..

Message 6 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new approvals. keep up the good work!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello My Name is BellaLina and I have a Credit Score Obsession, it all started when... 

Welcome to the Group!  (First step is admitting you have a problem... but its a good problem Smiley Wink

PS Congratulations & Kudos...! 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.