Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one quicksilver one

tag
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Re: Cap one quicksilver one

I know people speak of Capital One bucket cards. Well, I'm a firm believer I have one and the credit line on it currently sits @ $10,200. I was approved for the card the day after my CH7 BK discharged AND Capital One was included for a little over 5k from an account that charged off about 15 months prior to me filing CH7.

The card started off as Platinum and I did a PC to Quicksilver (no annual fee) a few months later...I was then automatically upgraded to a World Mastercard and then an automatic upgrade to World Elite Mastercard when the account was just over a year old. I did run anywhere from about $500-10,000 through the card each month and paid in full most months as well.

I hope this helps shed some light and know that there is hope for us "bucketed card" Capital One cardholders.

Best of luck!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 11 of 12
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap one quicksilver one

@DebtStinks wrote:

I know people speak of Capital One bucket cards. Well, I'm a firm believer I have one and the credit line on it currently sits @ $10,200. I was approved for the card the day after my CH7 BK discharged AND Capital One was included for a little over 5k from an account that charged off about 15 months prior to me filing CH7.

The card started off as Platinum and I did a PC to Quicksilver (no annual fee) a few months later...I was then automatically upgraded to a World Mastercard and then an automatic upgrade to World Elite Mastercard when the account was just over a year old. I did run anywhere from about $500-10,000 through the card each month and paid in full most months as well.

I hope this helps shed some light and know that there is hope for us "bucketed card" Capital One cardholders.

Best of luck!

Platinum card is better than the QS1.. I had the QS1, started with $300, after 3 months luv button gave a $100, and then steps increase another $100 at 6 months mark.. I ran thru $1000-$1500 in a month on that $500 limit for about a year only to get another $100 to $600..

I gave up and stopped using that card.. No CLI, no upgrade to QS nor downgrade to Platinum.. and AF was not waived. not complaining but just that I would have had that card if at least they waived the AF.. I just closed it couple months back as that AF doesnt make sense anymore..

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.