Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 - 800% (!) CLI , and More!

tag
6speed
Valued Member

Cap1 - 800% (!) CLI , and More!

I've gotta say - I've never been the biggest fan of Cap1 until now. They've served their purpose with my rebuild, no doubt, and now that I'm near prime territory, they're giving me a LOT of love. I started with a garbage $500 secured card back in 2010; it was my only card for over a year, until I got serious about fixing the problems I'd created. I then got a Credit Steps Plat MC with a $500 limit in 2011, and closed the secured card.

6 months ago, during my most recent app spree, they sent me a pre-approval for a QS1. I figured 'why not?', and received a $500 limit card - laughable, at best. I've been foaming at the mouth for the "credit steps" to hit $750 so I could take the measley limit and roll it into my then-$4k QS. Imagine my surprise when I logged in yesterday to combine the accounts, to find a $2k increase on my QS and a $4k (!) increase on my crap $500 QS1. In the midst of my disbelief, I quickly rolled the QS1 (6 months + 1 day old, to be exact) into my QS to gain my now second 5 figure limit card.

Cap1 isn't for everyone, but they've treated me VERY well over the years, and especially lately. For anyone just starting out on their build/rebuild journey, do not hesitate to use them if they're your best option - treat them well, and they WILL return the favor. This experience once again reaffirms my countless thanks for the amount of knowledge and time the members of this board contribute - you've helped me more than I could ever imagine, and I look forward to (hopefully) being able to do the same!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 - 800% (!) CLI , and More!

Glad Cap One came through for you.  They are really trying hard for their customers these days and glad they did for you also.  Enjoy your CLI..

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice - congrats!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I absolutely LOVE Cap1!! They have also been instrumental in my credit rebuild.  I also started with the secured card 4 years ago and now I have a Venture CL $15k and a QS CL $3k.  

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!   I'm a fan too! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope to be in your shoes in a few months
Message 7 of 8
thummel
Established Contributor

Capital one was the first to grant me a credit card. A measly 500 limit on a platnium with no prior credit history.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.