cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Platinum CLI (And now a surprise end of year PC to QS!) PLUS CREDIT STEPS DP

tag
gorgon
Established Contributor

Cap1 Platinum CLI (And now a surprise end of year PC to QS!) PLUS CREDIT STEPS DP

Third statement just cut so I decided to hit the luv button. $300 CLI to $3,300 total CL. Was supposed to go from $3k to $3.5k in March. I guess it will be $3,800 now? (credit steps)

EDIT 12/31

I've been checking the product change link from these forums pretty much every night. Tried last night and it wasn't available. Tried today after work and BOOM! There it was... Nice finish to 2018.

upgrade_offer.pngupgrade.png

UPDATE 3/13

My Credit Steps CLI kicked in today and was only the $3500 total CL they had promised. So my $300 CLI I got at month 3 did not make my Credit Steps CLI $3800 like it would have previously. The double-dipping is over.  Smiley Sad

cap1cs.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 Platinum CLI

Congrats! Cap 1 usually won’t increase your credit limit if it has already been increased in the last 6 months, so even with Credit Steps you may not get your planned CLI in March.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 15
gorgon
Established Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:
Cap 1 usually won’t increase your credit limit if it has already been increased in the last 6 months, so even with Credit Steps you may not get your planned CLI in March.

I will update this thread in March as to whether I got another CLI or not.

Message 3 of 15
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

000smilieOutstanding.gif

Message 4 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@gorgon wrote:

Third statement just cut so I decided to hit the luv button. $300 CLI to $3,300 total CL. Was supposed to go from $3k to $3.5k in March. I guess it will be $3,800 now? (credit steps)

Yes, it will  be. The CLI you requested will not interfere with steps increase.

After you receive steps increase, you may request CLI every six months 

Message 5 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@gorgon wrote:

Yes, it will  be. The CLI you requested will not interfere with steps increase.

After you receive steps increase, you may request CLI every six months 

+1 I got CLI's on my old RIP Plat/QS and QS1 and then they both got the $500 Credit Steps Increase too. Congrats OP! Started the same way!

Message 6 of 15
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although Cap1 has a strong history of giving a CLI at the 3rd statement and then adding the steps increase onto that, I saw three posts through searching this forum stating the policy has been changed, and one poster was told directly by a CSR that they now deduct the first CLI out of the credit steps, so you only end up with the original increase. CSRs aren't always knowledgable, so I didn't know what to expect after I got my Cap 1 in May. I got a CLI after the thrid statement for $100. When my steps were completed last month, the $100 was indeed deducted from my steps, so I got the orginial $500 as promised in total.

Based on my experience and some others, I think there has been a recent change in Cap1 policy as the CSR said. Let us know what happens.

Message 8 of 15
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!👏👏👏

👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 9 of 15
gorgon
Established Contributor

Untitled.png

Looks like there may be a possibility that the CLI before credit steps may indeed be deducted from your scheduled increase. Cap1 updated the chart to show that my credit line is now $3300 and will still only go up to $3500.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.