Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QS - CLI (Bye-bye bucket!)

tag
Hut1
Established Contributor

Cap1 QS - CLI (Bye-bye bucket!)

I was sitting here looking at my little $5.5K on my CapitalOne Quicksilver debating on if I wanted to close the card since it was my smallest limit. I've gotten a big head and I'm clearly an unappreciative spoiled brat who thinks $5K is beneath me. (I blame this community. 🤣)

I snarled and hit the love button outta rebellion and protest and these jerks just one upped me. 😂 I've probably asked for a CLI 10x's in the last 4 yrs.  They've denied me every time until now. I haven't swiped the card in months. 

A2AE9055-1FEF-4BD4-9BF9-DBB5D7B45F7D.jpeg

download

18 REPLIES 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 QS - CLI (Bye-bye bucket!)

Congratulations on your Cap1 CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 19
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Love the strategy, congratulations on your outstanding CLI! 

Message 3 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. $5000 as a SL isnt a bucket card. $500 yes. Persistance pays off.

Message 4 of 19
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on the cli

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ FNBO FORDPASS REWARDS $1000/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 5 of 19
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Helluva increase

Message 6 of 19
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Now will you use the card? Probably not, you have way better reward cards, but the utilization padding is good at least... lol 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Nice increase though.. 👊🏽

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+; (0) zero inquiries (7/2025)
Message 7 of 19
captainsensation
Regular Contributor

nice!

AMEX Bread Cash Back: 10.5k, PenFed PCR: 17.5K, PenFed Gold: 10K, FNBO: 5.6K, CapOne Venture: 5.5K. Chase Amazon: 3K, Best Egg, 2.5K, GM Rewards 2K, Apple Card 2.8K, Tomo 1K, American Express 19.5K (AU), Ally 1.8K AMEX BCP 1K
Message 8 of 19
Hut1
Established Contributor

@sznthescore wrote:

Now will you use the card? Probably not, you have way better reward cards, but the utilization padding is good at least... lol 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Nice increase though.. 👊🏽

It's funny you say that. Outta all my cards, I use my NFCU Cash Rewards card the most. I bank with them, so it's the easiest to pay, lowest APR to carry a balance on and they upped it to 1.75% CB on all purchases. 

1.5% seems to be on the low side now-a-days. Cap1 has the best app though, imho. Hoping they up the CB to get more in line with what's being offered. 

download

Message 9 of 19
Rdbeetle
Established Contributor

Congrats on that pretty significant CLI!!!

SchoolsFirst FCU MC $25k
USBank Cash+ $15k
AMEX BCP $10k
FICO 8 Scores: EX 807 I TU 809 I EQ 810
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.