Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QS CLI -**bleep**?

tag
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

Cap1 QS CLI -**bleep**?

I have a $4K card with Cap1 and hit the luv button and was told I was given a $450 CLI? Really? I use this card a lot and PIF or to below 10% every month and this is all I get? I declined the increase. What a waste. Any thoughts on how to get a higher CLI?

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 QS CLI -**bleep**?

I would not take it personally at all , Cap One is going thru some changes and they are tightening up as of a few mths ago , you are honestly lucky hey offered 450 to you , most ppl with very good scores are being denied or offered 100 CLI
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's been more than 6 months since your last Capital One card app, just app for a new card and combine the new limit into your old limit.

Message 3 of 7
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it's been more than 6 months since your last Capital One card app, just app for a new card and combine the new limit into your old limit.

Agreed. I might have to go this route as well.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's usefulf for some, useless for others.

If you don't have a different prybar card already, Capital One might be worth the 3 inquiries twice a year to keep growing a single line to prybar status so you can start getting useful CLs with other creditors.

But if you have another high limit card, don't waste 6 inquiries a year on Capital One unless you NEED that amount with them.

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Better than nothingSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stargazer25 wrote:

I have a $4K card with Cap1 and hit the luv button and was told I was given a $450 CLI? Really? I use this card a lot and PIF or to below 10% every month and this is all I get? I declined the increase. What a waste. Any thoughts on how to get a higher CLI?

Ummm not to insult,  but outside of your AUs, this isn't bad..it's a little over 10% increase offer... and sometimes when you turn down an offer they also get their panties in a wad and say "nope" when you ask again

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.