Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QS1 credit steps CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 QS1 credit steps CLI

Just got my CLI for credit steps after 6th statement. $500 to $3,000 so got a $2,500 increase. I tried every month since statement 3 to get a luv button increase before credit steps but kept getting approved for only $100 increase. I declined each time of course and it paid off. $500 was my lowest limit by far. I've come a long way in 6 months.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 QS1 credit steps CLI

Wow, NobleFunk! That is a very nice Credit Steps increase! Congratulations!😀
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bella !!
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My QS1 card is on the way, I can't wait to build a relationship with them! Congrats !Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats NobleFunk!!! That's a great CLI! Your patience paid off! Now, if they would just show me some love too. Smiley Wink

Also, Congrats iTheDanny!! So far I am enjoying Cap 1.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same situation you were. All they are offering me is $100. What are your scores like and what are you spending/paying on it each month? I haven't nor intend to accept a $100 cli, so hopefully I'll have the same luck you did.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 8 ranging from 710-730. Really haven't been spending all that much on QS1. First 3 months I was spending around $200-$300 and PIF. Last 3 months I've been spending about $50-$100 and leaving a balance while making a payment of about $50 each month. At the time of increase my balance was $234/$500.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice increase! Congratulations! Your discipline sure paid off! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm in the same situation you were. All they are offering me is $100. What are your scores like and what are you spending/paying on it each month? I haven't nor intend to accept a $100 cli, so hopefully I'll have the same luck you did.

If you call or chat they can tell you what your Credit Steps increase amount will be once you hit 6th statement. 

Message 9 of 16
saltlakere
Valued Member

Is it bad to accept their low increases? I did it yesterday for a $100 bump. I figured it would put me ahead for the six month increase. I asked early after having the card two months. I make multiple payments each month as I'm trying to keep utilization down.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.