Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Quicksilver Approval after CH13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Quicksilver Approval after CH13

Due to some bad real estate decisions in 2008, I had to file for Ch13.  It was discharged 2 years ago and FINALLY dropped off my credit this month.   My credit scores skyrocketed by 50-100 points (transunion was the lowest at 719, then equifax at 788, and then experian at 832), but nothing was popping up when I tried to see what cards I prequalified for.  After several days of frustruation,  I was googling and realized that I had signed up on a list to not receive any pre-qualified offers!  DUH!!!   So I removed myself from that list on Friday and tried again today.  An offer for the Quicksilver card came up, and after going back and forth deciding if I should apply, I bit the bullet and submitted my app, thinking I would get a low credit limit and/or have to recon.  Imagine my surprise when it popped up approved after about 30 seconds with a $15K credit limit!!

I am very excited to finally start capitalizing on the rewards programs with credit cards.  Now that I've lived without a credit card for 7 years, I'm pretty confident that I can pay off every month and make them work for me.  Smiley Happy  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver Approval after CH13

@Anonymous wrote:

Due to some bad real estate decisions in 2008, I had to file for Ch13.  It was discharged 2 years ago and FINALLY dropped off my credit this month.   My credit scores skyrocketed by 50-100 points (transunion was the lowest at 719, then equifax at 788, and then experian at 832), but nothing was popping up when I tried to see what cards I prequalified for.  After several days of frustruation,  I was googling and realized that I had signed up on a list to not receive any pre-qualified offers!  DUH!!!   So I removed myself from that list on Friday and tried again today.  An offer for the Quicksilver card came up, and after going back and forth deciding if I should apply, I bit the bullet and submitted my app, thinking I would get a low credit limit and/or have to recon.  Imagine my surprise when it popped up approved after about 30 seconds with a $15K credit limit!!

I am very excited to finally start capitalizing on the rewards programs with credit cards.  Now that I've lived without a credit card for 7 years, I'm pretty confident that I can pay off every month and make them work for me.  Smiley Happy  

Awesome.  Congrats and excellent SL.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and very nice SL

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome news!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.