Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Savor Card approval $3k

tag
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

Cap1 Savor Card approval $3k

Hi all, just wanted to add my datapoint to the approvals for the Cap1 Savor.

I got an offer in my email that I was pre-approved for Savor with 9 months at 0% for new purchases and the 3% dining and groceries rewards. Didn't seem like the 0% applied to balance transfers, but I didn't pay much attention to that since I have no need at this time. After doing a quick app (signed in to my Cap1 to make it quicker) I got an instant approval for $3,000. HH Income > $200k, rent home. Application Credit Score Fico04 (TU) came back at 537 (!) although my Fico08 scores are consistantly 630-645.

Background:

I am in rebuilding mode for the past 1.5 years after having financial issues in 2019, and just hiding out in 2020. I have 3 large > $20k collections currently. It was a sad fall from grace for my credit as I had 800+ scores and almost all revolvers > $20k limits, with a BofA card limit at $81k - but bad financial hygene that got me down a spiral. In 2021 I started rebuilding, and I had 4 credit accounts that remained open from before although credit limits were slashed (Limits: Discover $8,100, Barclays MC $4,800, Target MC $2,750, Home Depot Citi card $500) and I opened a checking account with Cap1 360, then they pre-approved me for the Cap1 Walmart card for $1000. A few months after that I app'd for Cap1 QuickSilver One and got only $300. The Walmart MC is now at $2,000 CL after 2 auto CLI's, QS1 is still at $300 never got a CLI :-( All of those cards get decent use and were $0 balance at the time of my Savor approval, although my Barclay's MC & Discover have significant balances vs. limits. I also have payment program with Amex that started paying down $42k in balances at the beginning of this year and will be done after 3 more payments (very painful $3,500/mo payments!) , at which time they said would reopen my Amex Platinum charge with a restricted $3,700 limit as part of my program. In the next couple of months I plan to find a way to negotiate a few of the accounts that went to collections (3 total) and get them removed if they will do a PFD. One of them has already offered a 75% discount ($30k down to $7,500) but has not gotten back about the PFD. I won't pay them anything if they don't PFD, not a fan of collection agencies.

I'm feeling hopeful of overcoming the past issues in the coming years, and am now feeling that I made the right decision not declaring BK and instead digging myself out and trying to make the creditors whole as best I can.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 Savor Card approval $3k

Congratulations on your Cap1 Savor approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 16
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Savor One approval! 🤑👍

Nice job with rebuilding process.👍

Message 3 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 4 of 16
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congratulations.  The Savor

One, which is what we think you got, is a great card with the 3% back.

Message 5 of 16
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Cap 1 approval. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 6 of 16
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!

Rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jfif

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 7 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on The Approval, and enjoy SAVOR'ing 🎉

Message 8 of 16
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Savor approval!

Message 9 of 16
Chet1
Established Member

Congrats @cardslayer! Nice work on your rebuilding journey!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.