Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Walmart Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Walmart Approved!

This is my first full fledged unsecured credit card 💳 in that it's a Visa, not just a store card only. Yes, the CL is only $300, but I'll take it. 

A few questions from those with more knowledge than I so far....

1. Because it's a Visa, are the Credit Bureaus counting it as a CC, please? I may wave goodbye to OpenSky just before the AF comes due. Because as I've gleaned from here, it stays on my CR for 10 years anyway. No need to keep it because it will never graduate. 

2. How to grow its CL. I've seen a few things go back and forth and am just not clear yet here. To get Cap1 to budge on the CL, wait 6 months, yes? I've had several, 9 I think total this <12 months, HP's. And the AAoA are all low except for an old, sadly closed by inactivity, NM Store card. My other significant DP's are I have 2 CA open. Working on them. Still there. They have about 13 more months before legally they must be removed in my State of Residence. 

So, wait 6 months... and use it massively up to about $250 and PIF monthly during that time, please? Or something else, please? 🙏🏻

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 Walmart Approved!

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 2 of 26
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your unsecured approval! 

20200917_201506.gif

First off, do not drink while on the job...

Question #1. Yes, it will count. 

#2. Finances over Fico.  Utilize the card to best agree with your spending and income.  There Re many opinions on how to increase the limit.  I am sure other will follow and give you options!  👍

Message 3 of 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 26
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new card!

I was interested in the WalMart card as well...but I've distanced myself from CapOne cards due to their "All 3 Bureaus" pull. 

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!!!!

I too was approved today for this same card at $1,000 SL... glad to be getting 5% cash back for grocery shopping.  My other visa only gives 1% on groceries.

Enjoy!

Message 7 of 26
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous 

Congrats on your approval as well and welcome into the 5% Cash back on groceries club 😀 

Message 8 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting in the Walmart door Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 26
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval! 😊

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.