Cap1 and their measly increases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 and their measly increases

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What's up with Cap1 giving me these measly increases? 6 months ago they gave me $150 each on both cards. This morning they gave me $150 and $200 on the cards. That is such a disappontment. Their new home is the sock drawer. Anybody else experience this?

I recently hit the luv button in my QS1 and got $150, which I wasn't thrilled about.  But then a few days later I got an auto increase on my other QS card, going from $2K to $4K.  I wasn't even eligible to hit the luv button on that one for another 6 weeks.  So there's really no rhyme or reason why they do what they do.  

That's a big difference from one card to the next on the same profile. Do you use one card more than the other?

No, I use them about equally.   I don't really understand it, but whatever.  I'll take the auto luv!

Message 11 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:
If these are rebuilder cards that they acquired from other lenders thy are never going to yield large CLIs I get this all the time from them on one that was an Orchard bank card originally I dont close it since its less than 10% interest rate but I dont give it much use either unless I need to carry a balance for awhile.

The card is a rebuilder card but it isn't one that was acquired from another lender but I assume that since its still a rebuilder card it may be the reason why I'm not getting bigger increases. Guess I'll try again in 6 months.

Message 12 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could just be that they want your profile to improve a little bit before offering up the big jumps.  I'm sure you'll get one at some point.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:
If these are rebuilder cards that they acquired from other lenders thy are never going to yield large CLIs I get this all the time from them on one that was an Orchard bank card originally I dont close it since its less than 10% interest rate but I dont give it much use either unless I need to carry a balance for awhile.

The card is a rebuilder card but it isn't one that was acquired from another lender but I assume that since its still a rebuilder card it may be the reason why I'm not getting bigger increases. Guess I'll try again in 6 months.

Message 13 of 56
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Use them a lot and PIF. Cap One likes large payments, relative to your CL, rather than a lot of small payments. They will grow.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 14 of 56
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear. I can't say I've experienced increases that low with them to date. Mine haven't been crazy high, but nowhere near that low.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 56
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's up with Cap1 giving me these measly increases? 6 months ago they gave me $150 each on both cards. This morning they gave me $150 and $200 on the cards. That is such a disappontment. Their new home is the sock drawer. Anybody else experience this?

Yes. Ironic that many bash Walmart cards, but they are the best at CLI's with big increases.

I have had a Chase Freedom for 2 years with nada, and not willing to risk a HP to get blood from that rock. LOL

Message 16 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had much luck with Cap One Luv either - they have been very stingy.  However, Synchrony has been good to me as a rebuilder - $10K in credit over 2 cards in the past 30 days.  My new friend Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 56
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't had much luck with Cap One Luv either - they have been very stingy.  However, Synchrony has been good to me as a rebuilder - $10K in credit over 2 cards in the past 30 days.  My new friend Smiley Happy

Right on Brother

Message 18 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who can figure Cap 1 out. after only 3 statememts i hit luv button today and went fom 1000 to 4500. ( I was like **bleep**) on 3/8 they declined my cli saying my account was to new.

Message 19 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used my Capital One QS1 in months, and I don't plan on it either.

In 2 years time, I have only gotten a $100 increase. Even though I know I can only get an increase every 6 months, I try every 30 days anyway. Still denied. I don't get it. Still stuck at $600.

I used that card so much, and paid in full ALL THE TIME, never a late payment and still no love from them.

I'll sock drawer the card and never use it again. If they close it, so be it. I have no use for that card whatsoever.

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.