Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 weak CLI, Amex DENIED cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 weak CLI, Amex DENIED cli

So here we go... time for CLI attempts again.

Req'd CLI from CAP1 - asked for a lot on a $2,701 card (originally secured) - got $300.  Woo.  Whatever, it is probably bucketed.  I'll take what I can get.

Req'd a CLI from Amex on my Marriott Bonvoy Billiant card - NOTHING.  7-10 day message.  Funny thing is I still haven't gotten the letter from them, but in SPITE of my 798 credit score, pristine credit, etc, nothing from them.  Only have $3100 limit on the card.  Had the card a year, no luv from them. Eh well.  Four days later, they approved me for a Gold card for a new business entity with not even a blink - first instant approval I've **EVER** gotten. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 weak CLI, Amex DENIED cli

All in all, a good day!  Congratulations!

Message 2 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your CLI

Message 3 of 11
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

That is great news, Congrats!!!👍

Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on that Cap-1 CLI and yeah it sounds like its bucketed..

Message 5 of 11
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So here we go... time for CLI attempts again.

Req'd CLI from CAP1 - asked for a lot on a $2,701 card (originally secured) - got $300.  Woo.  Whatever, it is probably bucketed.  I'll take what I can get.

Req'd a CLI from Amex on my Marriott Bonvoy Billiant card - NOTHING.  7-10 day message.  Funny thing is I still haven't gotten the letter from them, but in SPITE of my 798 credit score, pristine credit, etc, nothing from them.  Only have $3100 limit on the card.  Had the card a year, no luv from them. Eh well.  Four days later, they approved me for a Gold card for a new business entity with not even a blink - first instant approval I've **EVER** gotten. 

With the swiftly growing list of folks around here with Cap1 CLDs, I would say up is better than down lol. 

I would honestly reach out to AMEX about the CLI. Their CSRs are able to look and tell you their denial reasons. At least that way you'll have some sort of idea what their issue with your profile is. I was denied for my first CLI attempt with them, called CSR and they were actually very helpful/knowledgeable. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 11
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 7 of 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I'd call your $300 Cap One CLI a win. Considering the hatchet jobs that started last week. Congrats!!! 👍🏻 

Theres a lot of recent Amex CLI denials. Good luck on your request!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 11
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One CLI!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.