Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Platinum Approved - Shocked!

tag
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

Re: CapOne Platinum Approved - Shocked!

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Congrats on your CapOne Platinum approval . . . I had a CapOne card about 8 years ago and it went to collections and never paid so I've always been hesitant on applying . . . not sure if they blacklisted me or if they are that forgiving!

Check the pre-approval tool and see what it says. All the others I checked came back with secured cards which I may do as well (especially Discover IT), but I was very surprised CapOne was willing to do business with me again. Nothin fancy, but I'll take it!

Message 11 of 17
creditguy86
Contributor

Awesome, i was just approved as well for a $500 limit for the platinum after burning them a few times, i'm glad to be back in their good graces.

Message 12 of 17
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Cap1 approval!

You can check for an upgrade around the 101 day mark of having the card.

Myself and others were able to upgrade to the Quicksilver without an AF on day 101.  Mark your calendar.

Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 13 of 17
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 14 of 17
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@thomasjm99 wrote:

I'm not really sure why I checked, raw curiosity I suppose, but yesterday decided to see what the CapOne pre-approval showed, and to my surprise, it showed both their Platinum and QS1 cards at 26.99%. So I pulled the trigger and was approved for the Platinum @ a $500 SL. It's not much, but helpful with my rebuild nonetheless. 

Why the shock? Because I've heard that they are forgiving, but wow...  In 2018 I had 2 cards go to Collections to the tune of $11k or so. Both are being paid off in full through payment plans with Midland (who also agreed not to report as long as I don't miss a payment). 

Here's to hoping I can get a modest CLI and PC to a QS in 6-12 months. 

FICO 08 Scores are low 600's for those interested in that DP. 

Awesome approval!  The Cap1 Platinum was critical to my rebuild in 2015-2016--quite happy with where I'm at now as a result....

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 15 of 17
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Cap1 approval!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a cap one go into collections maybe 4 years ago at about $400

In 2019 I got a secured card and have been paying on it ever since, I didn't think they would approve me for anything since that collection charged off and I never paid it. 

Today, I got an approved unsecured $3000- CapOne Platinum. 

So it seems they are not too big on grudges Smiley Happy 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.