Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Platinum Denied? - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Platinum Denied?

@FinStar wrote:
Just keep in mind OP that Capital One reconsiderations are pretty much non-existent these days.

More often than not, unless there's any inaccuracies or any major errors with your CRs, the system decision typically stands.

+1

But, I'd say there is still hope. Just give them some time to review. Either way, at least the denial letter will spell out what exactly about your profile needs improvement so you can go from there.

I will say though that I am honestly shocked that Cap1 didn't instantly approve you for that card. It is exactly what you need with your profile... a rebuilder!

My scores were probably the same as yours when I started my recovery journey and I was approved. My husband's were the same as well and he was also approved for the Cap1 Plat as a rebuilder card.

Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck and please update us back here so we can help others on the same journey! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was kind of surprised too until realized I'm an AU on the same card under my wife's name, so that's probably what's holding it up (high util currently but being paid down rapidly)

I was just approved for the Discover It secured, and the Bank of America Cash Rewards, so who knows.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that might have been the reason. Cap1 tends to favor PIF.

You must bank with BofA. Impressive! Once again, another reason I’m shocked with decision from Cap1.

Once again, good luck! And, respond back once you know!
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a missed call/voicemail from Cap1 fraud dept today about my application.  Had the same thing happen with my recently approved BofA cash rewards card, so hopefully this means approval once I prove it's me.  Will call them tomorrow and report back Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took forever, but I got an e-mail today from Cap1 saying my new card is on the way!  Now just need to call them and see what my SL is.  I had pretty much written this one off as a denial, guess I was wrong Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 19
LandoCredrissian
New Contributor

Glad it turned out to be an approval. Congrats. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Approval !!!!

Message 17 of 19
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Took forever, but I got an e-mail today from Cap1 saying my new card is on the way!  Now just need to call them and see what my SL is.  I had pretty much written this one off as a denial, guess I was wrong Smiley Happy

Awesome! Glad to hear it.

Keep us updated with your SL!

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called Cap1, SL of $3000 !  This is the biggest SL I've been approved for to date Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.