cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne QS World Elite Upg AND CLI! Unbucketed?!?!

tag
DaWhole9
Regular Contributor

CapOne QS World Elite Upg AND CLI! Unbucketed?!?!

OK..got an email (like ALOT of people today) that Capital One thinks I am a great customer and upgraded my Quicksilver Card to a World Elite Card...I thought wow...awesome.  Then I started reading and realized it wasnt a huge upgrade.  I read another thread that some got $100 CLI and some nothing.  My card has been stuck at $2500 for a few years.  It started as a $300 Platinum card when I had a 600ish credit score.  Now I am 803 and I have been trying to get the limit increased for over 12 months.  Not budging.  I assumed it was a bucketed card.  I have been putting about $2300 spend a month on the card for the last 4 months always PIF before the end of the billing cycle.  So I decided to hit the CLI request button after I got the upgrade email.  I read that Capital One CLI upgrades were like a few hundred bucks max.  I requested my new limit to be $3000, a $500 increase.  When I hit the submit button...it came back with a $3000 INCREASE....putting me at $5500 CL.  YES....So is this now unbucketed?  Super pumped for the over 2x CLI.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

Re: CapOne QS World Elite Upg AND CLI! Unbucketed?!?!

You're the outlier, most of us are still bucketed. Congrats on escaping your bucket!

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 2 of 18
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Capital One Quicksilver CLI

Message 3 of 18
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@DaWhole9 wrote:

OK..got an email (like ALOT of people today) that Capital One thinks I am a great customer and upgraded my Quicksilver Card to a World Elite Card...I thought wow...awesome.  Then I started reading and realized it wasnt a huge upgrade.  I read another thread that some got $100 CLI and some nothing.  My card has been stuck at $2500 for a few years.  It started as a $300 Platinum card when I had a 600ish credit score.  Now I am 803 and I have been trying to get the limit increased for over 12 months.  Not budging.  I assumed it was a bucketed card.  I have been putting about $2300 spend a month on the card for the last 4 months always PIF before the end of the billing cycle.  So I decided to hit the CLI request button after I got the upgrade email.  I read that Capital One CLI upgrades were like a few hundred bucks max.  I requested my new limit to be $3000, a $500 increase.  When I hit the submit button...it came back with a $3000 INCREASE....putting me at $5500 CL.  YES....So is this now unbucketed?  Super pumped for the over 2x CLI.

Doubtful. Usually a Bucketed card is always Bucketed regardless of that $500 increase, which in all reality is tiny still. Don't get too excited about the "Upgrade" because as you said A LOT of us got that email. I did and I've had my Cap1 QS for years, the balance is zero and I never use it lol. Normally if you want an Unbucketed card now with good scores you'd need to just apply for a new Cap1 product. BUT still they don't really give hugh CL's per se as a general rule and there's much better prodcuts out there.

Message 4 of 18
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade and CLI. Unless underwriting policies have changed, you cannot transition out of a mainstream bucket. That is set at the time of the account opening and remains for the life of the account. The $3k increase you got is a typical amount they approve users who put heavy spending on their card which of course doesn't get you out of the bucket or an indication of such. I forgot how those upgrades works and how they determine who gets it but IIRC it was random and had no bearing on the account if it's bucketed. The only guaranteed way to not be bucketed is applying for a new product with a stellar credit profile. Also it is the card product itself and not the customer that gets bucketed. But again things could have changed by now so take this with a grain of salt.

Message 5 of 18
DaWhole9
Regular Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

@DaWhole9 wrote:

Doubtful. Usually a Bucketed card is always Bucketed regardless of that $500 increase, which in all reality is tiny still. Don't get too excited about the "Upgrade" because as you said A LOT of us got that email. I did and I've had my Cap1 QS for years, the balance is zero and I never use it lol. Normally if you want an Unbucketed card now with good scores you'd need to just apply for a new Cap1 product. BUT still they don't really give hugh CL's per se as a general rule and there's much better prodcuts out there.

I asked for a $500 CLI...they gave me a $3000 INCREASE.  More than doubled the CL.  It was $2500 now its $5500.

Message 6 of 18
DaWhole9
Regular Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

Congrats on the upgrade and CLI. Unless underwriting policies have changed, you cannot transition out of a mainstream bucket. That is set at the time of the account opening and remains for the life of the account. The $3k increase you got is a typical amount they approve users who put heavy spending on their card which of course doesn't get you out of the bucket or an indication of such. I forgot how those upgrades works and how they determine who gets it but IIRC it was random and had no bearing on the account if it's bucketed. The only guaranteed way to not be bucketed is applying for a new product with a stellar credit profile. Also it is the card product itself and not the customer that gets bucketed. But again things could have changed by now so take this with a grain of salt.

Ah ok.  I was shocked because I read about people putting alot on their card monthly and getting a few hundred in CLI..not $3000.  Its starting to get to a reasonable level..so I will take it.  Bucketed or not.

Message 7 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One CLI and product upgrade!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 18
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade and the increase!

Message 9 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its still bucketed but your heavy spend on it produced the increase, grats on getting the 3K Smiley Happy

The upgrade to World Elite allowed them to collect more fees from the merchants.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.