Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne QS1 CLI...

tag
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

CapOne QS1 CLI...

So, I had reached the Capital One "credit steps" 5 statements milestone and received a CLI of $500. I am cool with that.

I do have a question for those who had this card. I want to PC this one for a regular QS card. How can I go about doing that? Should I use the chat feature and ask, or should I wait after my 11th statement?

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne QS1 CLI...

Would you mind sharing how the "steps" increased and when? I also have the Qs1 and I'm curious as to when the bump up etc. Thanks!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the cli.

About the pc: try using the link in this thread https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-check-for-upgrade-link/td-p/4934733

or maybe just give them a call. Never hurts to try. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the upgrade link provided first.  This is how I upgraded my platinum to QS.

Message 4 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Use the upgrade link to see if one is available. If you don't see the card you're looking for being offered, like the Savor, call in or chat to try and get it.

Message 5 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you mind sharing how the "steps" increased and when? I also have the Qs1 and I'm curious as to when the bump up etc. Thanks!

After making 5 on time payments, Cap1 will give you a one time increase when your 6th statement cuts. They only count 1 payment per billing cycle. Anytime after the 3rd statement you're eligible for a CLI. It's recommended to get one before the steps increase as you normally have to wait 6 months between CLI and the steps increase counts as a CLI, but if you get a CLI prior to the steps increase, it won't be affected by the 6 month waiting policy, just reset the clock. Its the only time you can get more than 1 CLI in a 6 month period.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI

Message 7 of 9
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

I tried to use the upgrade link you guys provided but no dice. I will use the chat feature and see what I can do.
April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried the upgrade link and had 2 offers, Quicksilver One and Venture. Upgraded from Capital One Platinum to the Venture, Ive had the Platinum for 6 years, started at $500 SL and worked it up to $3500 CL. Blessing

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.