Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Quicksilver Approved

tag
BuckIGuy
New Visitor

CapOne Quicksilver Approved

Hello everyone, I've been browsing the forums as I determined my next credit move and wanted to thank you all for your scores of stories. I handle my credit very, very carefully.

I got a CapOne Quicksilver 1.5% Cash Rewards Card with a 10k limit and a 16.9% VAPR.

I applied online (took screenshots of every step) and was immediately approved.

My Credit Profile is as follows:

- Avg age of accounts ~4.5 yrs

- TU 749 pulled by CapOne this month.

- EQ 768 as of 4/2013

- Spotless Credit Record (0 baddies, 0 Inquires since 2010)

Cards/Loans:

- 2008 FIA (now BoA) Power Rewards Card: 12.9% Fixed, 5k limit, No annual fee (No balance, paid in full the past 13 months, utilized between 10 and 20%)

- Stafford Loans (in deferral)

I primarily got the CapOne card because of an impending lawsuit against BoA for faulty foreclosure practices. We just lost some great neighbors because of their conduct. It truly sickens me knowing I do business with them now so they are being phased out of the wallet in favor of (probably not much more reputable) CapOne. A good secondary reason to getting it though is that it will boost my Credit Score in the long run. Finally, I got it when I didn't need it so the credit score recovers in time for an Auto loan next Summer. 0% for 5 years sounds mighty fine. 

Hope this is useful to you all!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: CapOne Quicksilver Approved

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I have a extreme dislike of BoA also. I tried to pay off my house with money I came into I couldn't get a straight answer what the pay off was so I sent $300 extra or around $35k. So they owed me money. The next I heard from them was a letter of foreclosure.  I called them they had cashed my check I had a heck of a time clearing it up. I had to do a conference call with my bank finally to prove that it was paid. Then they said I wouldn't get my overage until the check cleared after 14 days. I said your going to charge me 14 days interest

after proving the check was cleared. They said they wouldn't charge interest and then they tried to get me to apply for a credit card are you kidding me. Believe me I know where your coming from. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congarts 

Enjoy the 1.5% cash back 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your approval and CL!
Message 4 of 5
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats Awesome limit Smiley Surprised

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.