Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne VentureOne approved 1k

tag
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

CapOne VentureOne approved 1k

After getting letter of confirmation that Navient has been removed from Experian report, the very last one. I pulled a new report for Experian, score went up to FICO8 664. Checked for pre-approval via Discover, was pre-approved for DiscoverIT Miles.

I had a friend who referred me to apply CapOne VentureOne. I tried pre-approval, nothing else was showing up except for QS1 and Platinum. I applied for VentureOne anyway, got approved for $1k.

Feeling lucky to give DiscoverIT Miles a shot too, denied. That's okay, I'll take CapOne VentureOne as a win. 

Time to garden for sure.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: CapOne VentureOne approved 1k

Congrats on yer Cap1 Venture approval!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval! I applied for this card just the other day with my Fico8 scores hovering around 680-690. Wasn't prequalified for it, but I've been with Cap1 for 2 years now always paying in full, was prequalified for the QS1 and Platinum and had 0% UTI, but was still declined for it. Glad it worked out for one of us!
Message 3 of 10
rgate88
Regular Contributor

@audio-disabled wrote:

After getting letter of confirmation that Navient has been removed from Experian report, the very last one. I pulled a new report for Experian, score went up to FICO8 664. Checked for pre-approval via Discover, was pre-approved for DiscoverIT Miles.

I had a friend who referred me to apply CapOne VentureOne. I tried pre-approval, nothing else was showing up except for QS1 and Platinum. I applied for VentureOne anyway, got approved for $1k.

Feeling lucky to give DiscoverIT Miles a shot too, denied. That's okay, I'll take CapOne VentureOne as a win. 

Time to garden for sure.

Congrats! Take it as a win. Spend some time and let everything grow. Give it 6 months, you should get a nice increase as long as you treat the card right. I went from $500-$3,500 in 6 months with my QS1

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $29,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $7,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000; Barclays Wyndham Earner Business - $7,000

Total CLI - $399,900
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!! I really like my VentureOne card
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cap One Venture One approval!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  That's a great card, and you should also be very proud!  Capital One has been good to me these years.  They (and AMEX) were one of the few companies providing me a chance when no other company would extend me credit after the great recession. Over time, my secured $300 card is now a World Mastercard Venture (stuck on the credit limit and due for the 6-month CLI in a couple of weeks).  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get a triple HP from Cap 1? Did you try calling the reconsideration line for the Discover denial?

Message 8 of 10
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  That's a great card, and you should also be very proud!  Capital One has been good to me these years.  They (and AMEX) were one of the few companies providing me a chance when no other company would extend me credit after the great recession. Over time, my secured $300 card is now a World Mastercard Venture (stuck on the credit limit and due for the 6-month CLI in a couple of weeks).  

I am! Thank you! I'm excited. Good luck on your CLI!

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you get a triple HP from Cap 1? Did you try calling the reconsideration line for the Discover denial?

Yes, I did get a triple hard pull from Cap1. I did not try recon for Discover denial. Should I?

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I did get a triple hard pull from Cap1. I did not try recon for Discover denial. Should I?

Hell yes. Make your case. Don't take no for an answer. Look for other Discover success stories on MyFico if you need help on what to say. Keep us posted!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.