cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne VentureOne approved 1k

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

CapOne VentureOne approved 1k

After getting letter of confirmation that Navient has been removed from Experian report, the very last one. I pulled a new report for Experian, score went up to FICO8 664. Checked for pre-approval via Discover, was pre-approved for DiscoverIT Miles.

I had a friend who referred me to apply CapOne VentureOne. I tried pre-approval, nothing else was showing up except for QS1 and Platinum. I applied for VentureOne anyway, got approved for $1k.

Feeling lucky to give DiscoverIT Miles a shot too, denied. That's okay, I'll take CapOne VentureOne as a win. 

Time to garden for sure.

$2500 SL Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $1400 Merrick DoubleYourLine | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $1k SL Cap1 Venture1
Goals: Age credit cards, grow scores into 700s
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Senior Contributor

Re: CapOne VentureOne approved 1k

Congrats on yer Cap1 Venture approval!

Message 2 of 10
Contributor

Congratulations on the approval! I applied for this card just the other day with my Fico8 scores hovering around 680-690. Wasn't prequalified for it, but I've been with Cap1 for 2 years now always paying in full, was prequalified for the QS1 and Platinum and had 0% UTI, but was still declined for it. Glad it worked out for one of us!
Starting Score: (5/01/2017) -- EXP: 495; TU: 445; EQ: 460
Current Score (07/29/2019): EXP: 675; TU: 691; EQ: 687

Target Red - $800
Discover It Cash Back - $1000
Discover It Cash Back - $4000
Capital One Quicksilver - $700
US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature - $1000
Message 3 of 10
New Contributor

@audio-disabled wrote:

After getting letter of confirmation that Navient has been removed from Experian report, the very last one. I pulled a new report for Experian, score went up to FICO8 664. Checked for pre-approval via Discover, was pre-approved for DiscoverIT Miles.

I had a friend who referred me to apply CapOne VentureOne. I tried pre-approval, nothing else was showing up except for QS1 and Platinum. I applied for VentureOne anyway, got approved for $1k.

Feeling lucky to give DiscoverIT Miles a shot too, denied. That's okay, I'll take CapOne VentureOne as a win. 

Time to garden for sure.

Congrats! Take it as a win. Spend some time and let everything grow. Give it 6 months, you should get a nice increase as long as you treat the card right. I went from $500-$3,500 in 6 months with my QS1

CO Platnium - $500; CO Quicksilver - $5,500; CO BuyPower - $500; Target MC - $5,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $2,000; Care Credit - $14,400; PNC Core - $3,500; Citi DoubleCash - $4,300 - AmEx Everyday - $5,000; Citi Simplicity - $17,000; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $3,750

Total CLI - $78,750
Message 4 of 10
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!! I really like my VentureOne card
Message 5 of 10
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Cap One Venture One approval!

Message 6 of 10
Established Member

Congratulations!  That's a great card, and you should also be very proud!  Capital One has been good to me these years.  They (and AMEX) were one of the few companies providing me a chance when no other company would extend me credit after the great recession. Over time, my secured $300 card is now a World Mastercard Venture (stuck on the credit limit and due for the 6-month CLI in a couple of weeks).  

700s club (again)!! New cards as of 7/19
rose-gold-carddelta-skymiles-goldamex-aspireMsZeUu0neimanmarcus_cardart_flat.pngsaks-card-image0SKQMGF
AMEX PRG - NPSL ; AMEX Delta Gold $11,500; AMEX Hilton Aspire $4,000 (was an existing HH Diamond earned the hard way for many years); DiscoverIT Cashback $9,500; Neiman Marcus card $6,000 starting CL 8/2019; Saks 5th Avenue Store Card $2,250 starting CL 8/2019; Pre-Approved Capital One Auto Navigator at $30,000 top-tier Prime APR

Older existing cards: Capital Secured Platinum $1,302 (never graduated as C1 halted secured upgrades); US Bank secured $300 (never graduated to unsecured, but going to can before the annual fee).
Message 7 of 10
Contributor

Did you get a triple HP from Cap 1? Did you try calling the reconsideration line for the Discover denial?

Current Collection:

Future Additions:
Message 8 of 10
Regular Contributor

@Axe_Capital wrote:

Congratulations!  That's a great card, and you should also be very proud!  Capital One has been good to me these years.  They (and AMEX) were one of the few companies providing me a chance when no other company would extend me credit after the great recession. Over time, my secured $300 card is now a World Mastercard Venture (stuck on the credit limit and due for the 6-month CLI in a couple of weeks).  

I am! Thank you! I'm excited. Good luck on your CLI!

@GardenPro wrote:

Did you get a triple HP from Cap 1? Did you try calling the reconsideration line for the Discover denial?

Yes, I did get a triple hard pull from Cap1. I did not try recon for Discover denial. Should I?

$2500 SL Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $1400 Merrick DoubleYourLine | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $1k SL Cap1 Venture1
Goals: Age credit cards, grow scores into 700s
Message 9 of 10
Contributor

@GardenPro wrote:

Yes, I did get a triple hard pull from Cap1. I did not try recon for Discover denial. Should I?

Hell yes. Make your case. Don't take no for an answer. Look for other Discover success stories on MyFico if you need help on what to say. Keep us posted!

Current Collection:

Future Additions:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.