cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne "starter acct" CL loophole found w/$6k CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne "starter acct" CL loophole found w/$6k CLI!

Congrats OP! Was it SP or HP for in result of your MR? Thank you

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

But didn't the Executive Office shut down the CLI request through their channel a long time ago? I know for a fact they tell folks they no longer take limit increase request so has that changed lately? And how did u get through with them cos I also know they also provide a PIN in order to get access to their team.

About a year ago reading on this forum I came across the same information, that Capital One would no longer do manual CLI requests with a human being.  I have done them multiple times though since then, but the reason is because their other 2 automated methods don't work for me.  Rather than simply say "oh well" which I'm sure they could do, they feel it's still worth giving the customer a CLI opportunity (if it's been over 6 months since last CLI) so they make an exception to their rule. 

I was connected with the EO by CS, no PIN needed.  I do know what you mean, as in the past I've had voice mails left for me by the EO that have provided me with a PIN to get back in touch with them.  I assume CS while they had me on hold contacted the EO and transferred me over behind the scenes, so the next thing I knew I was on "a recorded line" with an EO rep that spoke great English and was very helpful.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats OP! Was it SP or HP for in result of your MR? Thank you

SP.  As far as I know, all Capital One CLIs are SPs unless otherwise indicated at the time of the request... but if it's been 6+ months since your last CLI you can request another via SP.

Message 13 of 24
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, BBS!

I've given up my secured platinum as it just wasn't worth it to me anymore.

Have my QS1 still stuck with a fee and at $850.

The AF will hit in Dec, so I am keeping it open now and if they do not at least get rid of the absurd AF after me having it for 3yrs, then the card and Cap1 are toast Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I was actually way more excited about posting this thread topic when I got the CLI than the fact that I actually got a CLI on a SD card that I only use on occasion to keep it open, LOL.

Message 15 of 24
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

First off, BIG CONGRATS BBS !!  Nice job

Ill try to keep this reply brief

I hit the luv button for a CLI on my then 9 year old Plat card (CL then ws $1500) and ws denied

The reason was that I had a 30 day late within the last year reporting on my credit file. This was an error

I spoke with someone from EO and told them that my last late was over 5 years ago.

I was told to mail in a copy of my credit report as they had no way of doing a manual review.

I just said screw it and never followed through

Im just offering it here for general consumption

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they said you had a late payment in the last year it would mean that they saw the late when doing a SP for the CLI request.  I believe they look at your TU report.  Did you have a late payment incorrectly reported on TU in the last year, or do you think they made a mistake in saying that they saw a recent late payment?  When they asked you to mail in a copy of your credit report, did they request a specific bureau or didn't that matter?  If they told you they wouldn't do a manual review, why would they ask for your credit report as by definition requesting that would be so that they could review it (manually)?  I'm sort of confused by this.

Message 17 of 24
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

What had happed was that a hospital ER failed to record my paying the $50 copay. This bill went to collections who added it to my EX file. While it is true that a medical account under $100 does not effect your fico scoring, some scoring models will treat a newly added collection as a missed payment. I had the account removed from my report and then Cap1 gave me my last and final CLI of $250.  That was 18 months ago.

What is funny is the current excuse they are using "Monthly payment too small"  Ive been sitting on a -$10 credit balance for months

For the final ficker .... Their CreditWise score for me is 798

Sorry OP if I hijacked your thread as this was not my puropose

Again, congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't aware capital one was allowing anyone to speak/transfer in directly to the Executive Office?   I thought the only route for that was by emailing the CEO Richard Fairbanks?????

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've spoken to the EO at least 4-5 times and I don't believe any of my correspondence came due to emailing the CEO.  I've emailed CEOs many times for GW campaigns, but I never had any negatives on my CO account to target with GW.  The only issue I've ever had with my CO account is the ability to request a credit line increase via their automated system on the phone or on their web site.  Most of the time I've spoken with CS and quickly when they see that they can't resolve my issue since it's beyond their scope they say they'll escalate it and the result is usually a call back from the EO the following day, give or take.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.