Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 Approval

tag
Bdaddy23

Capital 1 Approval

Hi Everyone 

So I finally got my first 4 digit approval (2000) and wonder how can I tell if it's a bucketed card. It's the Plat. card which I got via the preapproval link. 

I have an older Cap 1 OS that was PC from Plat and opened  01/2020. Starting limit was 300 and now at 600 after credit steps and a 100 CLI

I also have 3 other cards ranging from 300-600 limits all withing the last year. 

thank you'll in advance 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital 1 Approval

Congratulations on your approval. $2000 SL is a decent limit. I don't think it's in the bucket.
Message 2 of 24
ghost-cell
Valued Member

I wouldn't say that it's bucketed

Bucketed is different to every person. For you, 2k might be a fine limit. To someone who's used to 5+ figure CL cards, they might view it as a bucket card. Me personally, I think 2k is fine and based on what you said, this is your highest limit card, so it's by no means a bucket card for you personally. One thing that people say is CapOne "freezes your credit profile in time." So they'll forever view this card with the snapshot that your credit profile was when you applied for this card, making it difficult to CLI it. That's often why people fear CapOne cards are "bucket" cards, like if they begin with a $300 limit they fear it'll never grow more because CapOne will forever have it frozen in time

What's done is done, and you have this card. I personally think you should start looking beyond CapOne, as your inquiries age and you continue to build credit. CapOne does offer decent products, but just so you don't have to get triple pulled, or worry about getting a potential bucket card, and maximize rewards other lenders could be worth a look

Congratulations on your approval!!!! 

Have -

Message 3 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Normally Plats are bucketed card in that they are starter level cards with Cap One. But $2k is very respectable.  Use it heavy and see what happens in 6 months. Temper expectations though. My humble opinion is use Cap One to get better cards , because trying to figure how to make them grow is too time consuming and leaves more headaches than are actually neededSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 24
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 24
fsalsa2
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

NFCU Cash Rewards: $24,000
NFCU More Rewards: $24,000
NFCU Visa Signature Go Rewards: $29,600
Capital One Quicksilver: $500
Capital One Quicksilver One: $500
Military Star Card: $ 3,400
Venmo Credit Card: $5,400
USAA Platinum Visa: $4,000
American Express Delta Skymiles Reserve: $10,000
American Express Platinum
X1 Credit Card: $ 27,500
Chase Freedom Flex: $ 3,700
Message 6 of 24
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your milestone!!!! Smiley SurprisedSmiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

AllZero wrote: 

Congratulations on your approval. $2000 SL is a decent limit. I don't think it's in the bucket.

I agree, I do not think it is bucketed.
Message 7 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Cap-1 approval Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 24
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 9 of 24
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.