Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 unsecured Platinum MC approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital 1 unsecured Platinum MC approved

Approved for Capital 1 unsecured Platinum Mastercard (I've had the secured version, $951 credit line, since the beginning of 2016) at lunchtime today! I got a credit line of $3,000. I just wish I'd thought to print out the web splash page informing me of my approval before it expired, though. When I got my secured card C1 only sent the approval email about a business week after I'd applied and put in the deposit (though I was approved immediately that day), is there a way I can get a record of the transaction from them earlier? Anyway, this raises my total credit to $4,751 (counting my Amazon Store Card with a $800 credit line) and should both significantly raise my scores and equally significantly cut my overall utilization within a few months, as well as help get me in position to get a loan to replace my ancient car!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital 1 unsecured Platinum MC approved

Congratulations, joe! Nice approval, with a nice limit!

I did the same thing when I got approved for my QS, I forgot to print the splash page. I don't know of a way to get it back, or any details on the card. I had to wait 'til I got the card in the mail to know what the APR was.

You might know this already, but you can easily PC the Platinum to the no-AF QS so you can start earning the cashback. My husband and I were both able to do that after our first statements cut, but some have reported doing it sooner. It just depends on if they have the "offer" available on your account. It's super easy to do via chat, and is well worth the cashback! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations joe8185!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, joe! Nice approval, with a nice limit!

I did the same thing when I got approved for my QS, I forgot to print the splash page. I don't know of a way to get it back, or any details on the card. I had to wait 'til I got the card in the mail to know what the APR was.

You might know this already, but you can easily PC the Platinum to the no-AF QS so you can start earning the cashback. My husband and I were both able to do that after our first statements cut, but some have reported doing it sooner. It just depends on if they have the "offer" available on your account. It's super easy to do via chat, and is well worth the cashback! Smiley Happy

Yes, another user passed that word to me last week when I was asking the question as to whether the Quicksilver is a MC or a Visa. I'll look at doing that once I get properly established with the new card. And by the way, Cap One let me know this morning that it's on the way, so I should get it by the end of the week. Next task: look at getting a used-car loan to replace my 16-year-old clunker. I already got prequalified by Cap One, next is to go to my credit union (PFCU) and see what they can offer me.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the CC aproval, and on the pre-qualify with Cap1. There's are pretty solid offers; hopefully your CU can try to beat that for you

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  Keep up the great work!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! What a great starting limit!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 7 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your graduation!!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your graduation!!Smiley Happy

I'm sorry I meant to say..Congratulations on your approval!!Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.