Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 7-10 Day message after app - Updated: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One 7-10 Day message after app - Updated: Approved

I checked prequalification, was pre qualified for venture card with a single apr quote. I applied for the card and received a 7-10 dat message.
Do you think that is a denial? Most things I read is they just want more info/verify.

Also I can’t find a phone number to speak to someone. Any help is appreciated.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

41 REPLIES 41
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One 7-10 Day message after app

It could either be a denial or a request for verification. I got the 7-10 day message a couple weeks ago. Last week I got a call asking if I recently applied with them, I said yes that was me. Today my card came in the mail. If your profile is decent and you haven't defaulted with Capital One in the last year, I'd bet it's just a need for verification.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 42
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Good chance you are approved.

Cap One slowing down on instant approvals probably due to fraud.

If you were prequal (especially at 14%) you should be fine.

You will not find many (if any) prequals that went bad on here.

I was prequal and got 7-14 day message.

I called few days later (applied over weekend) and was approved for $30k at 13.99%.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for the replies. No defaults with capital one. I didn’t get quoted that low apr. Believe it was 21. Something. Not the best apr.

Is there a number to call or do I just wait for them? Sounds like they are closed on weekends.
Message 4 of 42
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

You can check the status of your application anytime by calling 1-800-903-9177.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called that number. Checked application status and automated message said they are still reviewing. Are you able to get a live person on the phone?

Also side note, did not realize the card would be metal, that’s pretty cool!
Message 6 of 42
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would call Tuesday.

That gives them time to catch up on Monday.

I called and they asked my ID questions and approved me after questions were answered.

I had other accounts with them already.

I think it is all about security not credit risk.

Yep, its a nice card and Visa Signature.

I wish my Savor and QuickSilver were metal too since they look like copper and stainless.

Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened with me this last week. Applied last Sunday evening after getting a pre-approval and got the 7-10 day message.

Called in on Tuesday and they told me to call back Wednesday if I hadn't heard from them. Called Wednesday and sent to the fraud department for verification and all they asked was last 4 digits of social and said give them 1-2 days for verification.

Called again Thursday morning and congratulated me on a $5k approval. Hoping to get it by this next Friday because I have a $3k charge to put on it and pay off right away so could get my free 50k miles easily!

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s odd. Did they say why you were in fraud department? Do you have other Cap1 accounts? Seems weird would just ask to verify social. I’m ok with that though!

$5k is the minimum line they offer, which is what I liked. Great starting line! Appreciate the answers.
Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just told me she was going to transfer me to the fraud department for verification. They almost acted confused as to why I was talking to them though and just asked me to verify my last 4 of social. Then said they couldn't provide an answer on approval and for me to check back. 

Was hoping for a little more than the $5k SL but oh well. I do currently have a Quicksilver that is 6mo old.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.