Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI 1k to 4k!

tag
nwa479
Regular Contributor

Capital One CLI 1k to 4k!

I just received a CLI on my Capital One Quicksilver card from $1000 to $4000 this morning.  I did not request the increase, but in the past six months I've paid off the card which used to have a balance, and over the past two to three months starting pumping transactions through the card to equal about 50% of the balance, then paid it down to $10.  It is my AZEO card with a balance.  I had just achieved AZEO a few weeks ago. 

I decided I had to work on just increasing the credit lines on cards I have now because we are going to be building a house soon and will need no hard pulls for awhile.  

Some history on this card.  First acquired the card in Dec 2015 at a $300 credit line when I started to rebuild.  I had a couple of credit line increases up to $1000 by about 2017.   I believe it may have been a bucketed card at one point, but a few years ago they offered a product change to a Quicksilver card with no annual fee.  

So it will be interesting to see if they also change the other Capital One card, which is a Quicksilver One with a $39 annual fee.  Current CL on that one is $1450.  This one has also not had a credit line increase since June of 2017.  Same approach, I've been pumping transactions through this one also up to about half of the balance, then paying it to zero before the statement date.  

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI 1k to 4k!

Congratulations.....job well done!

Message 2 of 25
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Message 3 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Quicksilver CLI !

Message 4 of 25
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!  Awesomeness!

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 5 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your PCLI!
Message 6 of 25
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, grats on the 4x increase Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 25
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One 4X CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations 👏🏽🎉

I've been using this strategy the last 4 months and hope they increase my credit limit because it is way too low. I They have been offering me the Savor One card but I want this limit to be increased first. Last time I requested was Nov 2020 which was almost 6 months ago but utilization was through the roof for months🤦🏾‍♀️ Hoping for an automatic increase as next month will be my 7 year anniversary. If they don't auto increase I will ask June or July after my new Auto loan turns 6 months

Message 9 of 25
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Congrats on a very nice Cap1 increase! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.