cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI 3,000 on Bucketed Account???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI 3,000 on Bucketed Account???

Hi everyone,

Just had to share the news! I got my Capital One card almost 8 years ago (1 year post BK). For so long, my credit limit has been stagnant. When I got a raise four years ago, they gave me an auto CLI but not by much. Each year and month, I’ve been asking for a CLI and they always deny or give $100 bump. The CSR who’s also a Cap One holder said they like to see you use the card and that even he was denied CLI because he barely uses it. He told me to wait 3 months. The last time I requested was 7.3.2019. They declined saying that my previous balance was too high (I nearly maxed out but paid it all off back in May). Today, because it’s a new month, I decided to give it a shot online. I requested $3k and it took me to the next page to accept! Yay!

My goal is to get the SavorOne but they still won’t give me a pre-qual and all of the direct marketing is just for the Platinum which I have absolutely no desire in getting. I’m thinking with this CLI maybe they see me in another light? Maybe they’ll finally let me in on the SavorOne? Either way, it’s a victory!
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One CLI 3,000 on Bucketed Account???

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone,

My goal is to get the SavorOne but they still won’t give me a pre-qual and all of the direct marketing is just for the Platinum which I have absolutely no desire in getting. I’m thinking with this CLI maybe they see me in another light? Maybe they’ll finally let me in on the SavorOne? Either way, it’s a victory!

Just because the dont give you a pre-qual doesnt mean you wont be able to get the card. All I ever get on a prequal is the platinum and my file is clean and scores in siggy are up to date. I just dont use the rebuilder I have with them now and it definitely will never go anywhere quickly its one that moved when they bought Orchard Bank and the interest rate is only 12.15% but the limit is so low its not worth using just waiting for them to close it now. Congrats on the very nice CLI Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! Yes, that's how I got started with them --- Orchard Bank. Technically, I have two Platinum cards but PC'd to QS1. I thought about the cold app but I really don't want a triple pull just to be denied. So far, the pre-qual returns 0 results so I was thinking of waiting until around the beginning of the year when 2 baddies fall off.

Message 3 of 13
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks so much! Yes, that's how I got started with them --- Orchard Bank. Technically, I have two Platinum cards but PC'd to QS1. I thought about the cold app but I really don't want a triple pull just to be denied. So far, the pre-qual returns 0 results so I was thinking of waiting until around the beginning of the year when 2 baddies fall off.

I wouldn't cold app if I were you. I did that at the beginning of this year and was denied. 3 hard inquiries for nothing. The only cards I pre-qualify for are the Platinum/QS1 and I already have the QS, which was PC'd from Platinum. If you want a for sure approval, wait until you're pre-approved. My fiance is pre-approved and offered to app for the card so I can be added as an AU, but I don't want him opening new accounts any time soon as he's looking to get a new car in the next month or two. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 4 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your $3k CLI

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much and awesome rebuild journey! Great job! That's exactly what I was thinking. Every week they send either pre-approval for Auto Financing or the Platinum and I'm not interested in either. My BK should roll off in 3/2020 so I'm just going to focus on my new Discover card and keep building until then.

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't cold app if I were you. I did that at the beginning of this year and was denied. 3 hard inquiries for nothing. The only cards I pre-qualify for are the Platinum/QS1 and I already have the QS, which was PC'd from Platinum. If you want a for sure approval, wait until you're pre-approved. My fiance is pre-approved and offered to app for the card so I can be added as an AU, but I don't want him opening new accounts any time soon as he's looking to get a new car in the next month or two. 

Message 7 of 13
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering that's one of your starter cards and being from Cap1, that is definitely something worth celebrating! Congratulations!

Message 9 of 13
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks so much and awesome rebuild journey! Great job! That's exactly what I was thinking. Every week they send either pre-approval for Auto Financing or the Platinum and I'm not interested in either. My BK should roll off in 3/2020 so I'm just going to focus on my new Discover card and keep building until then.

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been checking the Capital One Pre-Quals for what seems like forever and just TODAY I finally have pre-qualified offers for the Venture, Venture One, Savor, and Savor One!! I'm pretty sure they use Vantage 3.0 scoring model because my Vantage score just went up to 743 today and now I'm pre-approved for those cards. 

That's a good idea! Don't do what I did and get so many cards so fast. I honestly regret applying for a lot of the things I did LOL. I just got app happy because I was getting approvals left and right after all my collections were gone. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.