Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI (QSO, 3 statements old)

tag
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Capital One CLI (QSO, 3 statements old)

I've been lurking on and off and thought I should share my results. I waited a few days after the third statement cut to request a CLI. I was offererred a $3,000 CLI (total $6,000 CL).

I'm estonished as I was expecting maybe $1-$1.5k increase. I'm reestablishing and aside from this QSO / QS1 that is three months old, I have a 1 year old Platinum (secured) and two other CCS with small limits from other banks; all cards are PIF after every statement cycle with a balance not to exceed 15% of the total CC limit. After credit steps kicks in and after the sixth statement cycle,  I'll try my luck for another CLI on the QS1. If I hit $10k, hopefully, it'll set me up for nice balances on QS and Venture when I app from those later this year. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI (QSO, 3 statements old)

Congrats!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work!

Congrats....

Message 3 of 10
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Nice increase! Congrats.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxdoc wrote:

I've been lurking on and off and thought I should share my results. I waited a few days after the third statement cut to request a CLI. I was offererred a $3,000 CLI (total $6,000 CL).

I'm estonished as I was expecting maybe $1-$1.5k increase. I'm reestablishing and aside from this QSO / QS1 that is three months old, I have a 1 year old Platinum (secured) and two other CCS with small limits from other banks; all cards are PIF after every statement cycle with a balance not to exceed 15% of the total CC limit. After credit steps kicks in and after the sixth statement cycle,  I'll try my luck for another CLI on the QS1. If I hit $10k, hopefully, it'll set me up for nice balances on QS and Venture when I app from those later this year. 

You might go on chat and see if there are any offers available to you. 1yr with a secured CC should be available for a PC I would think. If I'm right, the Plat would PC to a Quicksilver with $0 AF and 1.5% cash back on all purchases and then you could combine your QS1 into it after the 6mth CLI. I say all this without a good understanding of all the ins and outs of the older versions of the Plat. Different folks get different results so it's hard to nail this one down completely but the caht will cost you nothing and you may come out smelling like a rose.

If you do, let us know how it went.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the CLI

Message 6 of 10
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Thanks for the tip skybuilder. I have a small balance on the Platinum so I'll pay that off and see if they'll offer me a product change after the April statement cuts. Thanks for the suggestion / tip even if its YMMV. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 7 of 10
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you PC a secured card?! I was unaware of this .. if this is the case?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

A CSR last week told me that you cannot PC a secured card..

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.