Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - CLI, or not to CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One - CLI, or not to CLI?

So I hit the Luv button on C1 the other day and was approved for a $100 CLI on a QS that has a $1k CL.  Total CL across all accounts is just over $14k with UTI at 3%.  Scores are 648EQ 685TU 645EX.  I declined it, assuming I could go back at any time and accept it.  Question is, if I take it, how long do I have to wait until I try again?  Am I better offer just waiting a month or two and trying again?  I have credit steps coming in Dec I think.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One - CLI, or not to CLI?

You can decline the offered CLI and wait a couple of weeks to see if they improve their offer and since it's a SP anyways there's no worries on that front. Just know that if you hit the luv button and accept their offer then you'll generally have to wait 6 months before being able to request again. This won't affect your credit steps program though from my understanding you'll still get that increase even with a requested/auto increase before that time.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was afraid of.  For a hundred bucks, I think I'd rather wait and keep trying.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I was in credit steps program, I'd accept the $100 Cli, it won't hinder your credit steps CLI and may help it.

Message 4 of 5
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Good luck

I'm on year 3 with Cap1 and have only received 1 $100 CLI.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.