Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI's

tag
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Capital One CLI's

Must be something in the water this week.  Shocked to have felt some love from Capital One (TU 714):

Quicksilver - Card 1

Originally a Platinum in 2005, PC'd to a Quicksilver

Original Limit: $5,200

Todays CLI: $2,000

New Limit: $7,200

Quicksilver - Card 2

Was always a Quicksilver since 17'

Original Limit: $2,750

Todays CLI: $2,000

New Limit: $4,750

One of these was always an older card in the collection, so that definitely helps the padding so to speak.  I'm impressed both cards finally got a little warm fuzzy feeling to them tonight.  For those interested, when submitting the new manual CLI request online (Soft pull) I requested an amount of $15k, and specified putting $3k/monthly on them.  Apparently Capital One felt $2k across the board was generous enough, I'll take it though as it's still good for Capital One and will allow them to grow w/ the rest of the fleet.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI's

Congrats! Cap One must like you. I have a Cap1 card that I use for just about everything and the limit has stubbornly stayed at 5k for a long time. If I request a CLI, it says "not available upon request." Congrats again! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI.  Enjoy!!!!

Message 3 of 13
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congrats! Cap One must like you. I have a Cap1 card that I use for just about everything and the limit has stubbornly stayed at 5k for a long time. If I request a CLI, it says "not available upon request." Congrats again! 

Hah, I wouldn't say they like me, but for the first time must've felt like it was time to throw someone, anyone, a bone.  It sure took them long enough to bump those up!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice bumps, C4. Congrats!

Have you considered combining the two cards since they're both QS?

Message 5 of 13
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great question...   Is it indeed possible to combine the newer card (better interest rate) with the older card (Not so favorable interest rate but is 13.5yrs old)?  I think I'd have to choose if the older account was more important or the interest rate prior to combining if that is in fact possible. Due to PIF, the interest rate would be a non-issue hence older account would win.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Cap1 love!

tenor.gif

Message 8 of 13
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just logged into Capital One, so as an update, am combining these (What good timing after an increase right!) so only 1 Quicksilver / $11,950 Limit, soon to be 14yr old card.  Thanks for the suggestion and positive feedback everyone.

Message 9 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.