Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI's

I've been working very hard on rebuilding my credit the last 3-4 months and finally have my scores in the mid-600's.  Still a long way to go, but I thought I would share some updates.

I've had my Capital One Platinum Secured card for about 9 months now and had an original $200 limit on it.  Last week, it auto CLI to $500... so I thought I might give my QS card a try and see what happens.

I've had my Capital One QuickSilver card for about 4 years, and managed to keep it open with a $300 limit.  I've requested a CLI about every week the last few months... and each time I get my denial letter it refers to my score back on November 27th, 2018.  So I figured eventually, it will go based on some more recent scores... and today it was instantly approved for $500 increase to $800 total.  I'm sure these cards are limited on how much they can grow, but nonetheless, I was seriously considering closing at least the Platinum and possibly the QS just last week.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI's

Congrats on the increases.
Credit is a slow and steady game we have to play, eventually though it does seem to pay off and while those cards may not grow you are building your history and will land some great cards in the future.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right... thank you for the advice.

Earlier this month, I did get an Amex Gold Charge, Amex Delta Gold ($1,000) and Amazon Store Card ($1,300)... so I am definitely seeing the work payoff even quicker than I expected.  I can honestly say, knowing how hard it is to get things back on track, I don't feel like I will ever do that again!

Message 3 of 13
difringe
Established Contributor

Hey, congratulations on the CLI and thanks for the update on this! Capital One seems to use old credit reports when you apply for CLI; I went from 94+% usage in November to 1% in December and kept applying for CLI, but they were frustrating me by using old credit reports! 

December 12 - they used Oct 30

Dec 16 - they used Oct 30

Dec 23 - they finally moved to Nov 27 lol

And from Dec 23 until today, they used Nov 27.  Today they finally used something after Nov 27; I got instantly approved, but I haven't gotten the document yet, so no official confirmation, but I'm pretty sure they used a late December report.  Frustrating, but the good thing with Cap 1 is that you can keep applying for CLI, it's always a SP, and you don't get penalized if you get denied that CLI.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI's !!!!!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have no idea how long I've been waiting to get the Leo toast gif!

Message 6 of 13
vikash1986
New Contributor

Congrats on your CLI. I AM STILL GETTING DENIED... LOL
Message 7 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 13
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

The last time I got denied they were using a 5 month old score.  The CSR couldn't tell me what scoring model they were using because it definitely wasn't Fico 8 or 9.  Each time the denial letter says something different.

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I’m not sure which score they use... but I do know that the score from November 27th that was in my original denials was significantly lower than any score model FICO uses at that time, since I compared them to my scores around that time. I did so, because I saw such a low score from CAP 1 it actually made me worry that something happened on my report to cause a huge drop.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.