Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI surprised..

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI surprised..

Congrats. If Cap1 likes you. With the flak they get here. They do give some nice CLI's at times.

Message 21 of 27
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I been trying to get an increase with them no luck on my Cabelas and QS. Can you share you fico and how many inquires do you have? Reason they give me low fico and too many inquires in last 12 months.

My FICO is between 716-721.  As far as inquires go, it's between 6-7 over the past 12 months.  This has not hurt me score-wise, but I was denied a CLI on another account because of the number of new account that went along with those inquires.  One was for an auto lease, the others were all new card accounts.  The reason I said in my initial post that I was surprised is becuase after reading through these forums, it seems that Cap1 can be a bit of a tough nut to crack when it comes to CLIs; both in terms of approvals and in the amount of the increase they will grant.  In my case, when I opened the card I was given an SL of $3,000, and the app indicated that 6 concecutive on-time payments would yield an increased line to $3,500.  So, I guess it's really a crap shoot with them.  Is the Cabellas card through Cap1 also?

Good luck!

Message 23 of 27
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congrats! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 24 of 27
althes
Frequent Contributor

Yes cabellas is through capone.

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! I been trying to get an increase with them no luck on my Cabelas and QS. Can you share you fico and how many inquires do you have? Reason they give me low fico and too many inquires in last 12 months.

My FICO is between 716-721.  As far as inquires go, it's between 6-7 over the past 12 months.  This has not hurt me score-wise, but I was denied a CLI on another account because of the number of new account that went along with those inquires.  One was for an auto lease, the others were all new card accounts.  The reason I said in my initial post that I was surprised is becuase after reading through these forums, it seems that Cap1 can be a bit of a tough nut to crack when it comes to CLIs; both in terms of approvals and in the amount of the increase they will grant.  In my case, when I opened the card I was given an SL of $3,000, and the app indicated that 6 concecutive on-time payments would yield an increased line to $3,500.  So, I guess it's really a crap shoot with them.  Is the Cabellas card through Cap1 also?

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing the info. Yes Cabela's is Capital one since past couple years.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.