Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Limit Increase

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Credit Limit Increase

Has anyone CALLED in and asked for one recently (in 2010)?  Did you get the automatic system or live person?  Was a hard pull or soft pull perform?  I'm afraid to call in because I don't want any hard pull inquiry in my credit report at this time.  Please share your experiences.  It's been 1 and a half year of my account and my limit is stuck at $750.
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Limit Increase

@joestay wrote:
Has anyone CALLED in and asked for one recently (in 2010)?  Did you get the automatic system or live person?  Was a hard pull or soft pull perform?  I'm afraid to call in because I don't want any hard pull inquiry in my credit report at this time.  Please share your experiences.  It's been 1 and a half year of my account and my limit is stuck at $750.

They're still not giving CLI's at cardholders request.  You will get the automatic system and it will be a soft inquiry if they pull your report.  Some cards are automatically ineligible for CLI's.   I am stucked at $750 too.  I just focus on getting CLI's with my other cards. u

Message 2 of 60
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

+1

Yep, I was given a softpull this month and the answer was "no" for a CLI and the reason was exactly what DI said.  I am also stuck at $750 and as soon as I get my prime cards, i'm putting capitalone down to rest.

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 3 of 60
DI
Super Contributor

@Kiwill wrote:

+1

Yep, I was given a softpull this month and the answer was "no" for a CLI and the reason was exactly what DI said.  I am also stuck at $750 and as soon as I get my prime cards, i'm putting capitalone down to rest.

Do not close the card if you're not paying an AF.  Just pretend is doesn't exist.  I have had my Cap 1 card since 10/2001.  It's my second oldest card.  I want to keep the history of the card reporting.

Message 4 of 60
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

I will share my experience...I opened a cap 1 card back in August..my card was enrolled in credit steps, whick kicked in @ my 4th statement.  2 weeks ago, I called and asked when my acct would be eligible to receive a 2nd credit steps increase, and the rep told me that I was only eligible for the one that I just got(boo), but he said to wait about 6 months and call to ask for a CLI, so I am going to wait until June/July and see what heppens.  By then I will have all my cc's paid to $0 and my scores should be alot higher than they are now...
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 5 of 60
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Quick question also.  Yesterday, I brought something online and it used up 90% of my credit limit.  My statement date is on the 15th.  On Monday, I plan on paying off the 90% that I put onto my card from Satarday.  Will the 90% utiliation of my credit card go onto my credit report?  All I have is Capital One card right now.  I couldn't pay today because it hasn't updated online.  It only shows what I have available but not what I owe yet.
Message 6 of 60
DI
Super Contributor

@nmorton79 wrote:
@I will share my experience...I opened a cap 1 card back in August..my card was enrolled in credit steps, whick kicked in @ my 4th statement.  2 weeks ago, I called and asked when my acct would be eligible to receive a 2nd credit steps increase, and the rep told me that I was only eligible for the one that I just got(boo), but he said to wait about 6 months and call to ask for a CLI, so I am going to wait until June/July and see what heppens.  By then I will have all my cc's paid to $0 and my scores should be alot higher than they are now...

It was just last year when I first heard about the credit steps cards. Heard it here first!  When my card was opened in 2001, I'm not sure if that program existed.  Capital One is wanting me to apply for another card.  I refuse to carry two of it's cards.  

Message 7 of 60
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Hi Di, no I will not be closing any cards unless there is an AF attached, thanks!! 

I've waited 6mos, 12mos, 18mos, and still nothing.  I can't wait until I can put this card up to collect dust.  Best Buy MC is the same way, Orchard at least give you cli's in $100 increments every 3-6 months but this account will be closed because of the AF.

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 8 of 60
DI
Super Contributor

@joestay wrote:
Quick question also.  Yesterday, I brought something online and it used up 90% of my credit limit.  My statement date is on the 15th.  On Monday, I plan on paying off the 90% that I put onto my card from Satarday.  Will the 90% utiliation of my credit card go onto my credit report?  All I have is Capital One card right now.  I couldn't pay today because it hasn't updated online.  It only shows what I have available but not what I owe yet.

If your statement generates on the 15th and the balance is $10, only the $10 will report.

Message Edited by DI on 01-31-2010 08:30 PM
Message 9 of 60
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Okay, so whatever I get billed on my monthly statement is what goes on the credit report, not the utiliation at the end of the month?
Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.