Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Limit Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Limit Increase

I had two Capital One cards and they were both stuck at $750 each so I called and asked if I could combine them and they did.  So now I have one at $1,500.  Probably all I'm going to get since I received my original card in 2006 when I first started rebuilding my credit.  At least they were willing to give me a card at the time.  I asked for a CLI at the time I combined both cards back in June 2008 and was declined the CLI.
Message 41 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Peaches, have you tried since 2008?? Who knows? It may be worth a shot!

And is anyone else still using those backdoor numbers? Do you think they work now, in the midst of this crazy credit crunch?

Message 42 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I haven't tried calling in since June 2008, I've just been trying to pay down my existing balances and getting my score up a bit. 
Message 43 of 60
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Capital One hasn't been issuing CLI's for a quite a while now.
Message 44 of 60
lhova2000
New Contributor

Cap1 sucks! Simply said...
EQ 782
TU 782
EX 785
Message 45 of 60
greekjim
Contributor

Had a Cap1 account for three years and just canceled it today cause they wouldn't waive the $39 annual fee. Regular platinum account with no rewards so no point of keeping it with scores in the 700's now.
EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Message 46 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good move.

If you keep util super low on every card, you are practically at zero risk of losing any FICO points for closing an individual account and walking away from them.   The CCCs also know this, too.

I have a bunch of accounts that I want to zap after I open a mortgage tradeline.

Message 47 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another sign Capital One is still smarting from all those defaults they had...

They are pushing their awful CD products hard, just like another distressed bank which rebranded itself Ally (GMAC).   Sure 2% 2-year CDs seem like a deal now, but 2 years from now when interest rates zoom back upwards, you'll look like a fool.

Poor CapOne is trying to feel their way around in this new credit world.   Until they do I don't think they'll be doing any big blanket credit limit raises.

Message 48 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use to get an auto CLI every 6 Months but they stopped like a year and a half ago so I stopped using my card. I called and tried to get my nonrewards card converted into to a rewards card and the rep told me the only way to do that is to app for a rewards card and join the 2 accounts. It's not 1 card out that I would bother apping for if it is gonna result in 3 INQ's. I think I will also cancel this card.
Message 49 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One sent out this big complicated online survey thing to some customers.   I got the survey and actually filled it out.

A ton of questions were showing 3 lists of mythical card features, and asking you which card to you think you'd want based on what features the card had.   It was like going to the optometrist when he asks you which is better... "Number 1 or Number 2..... Number 5 or Number 6?   Is 2 better, or 5?"

I kept picking the cards that had the cashback rewards listed.

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.