Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GM Card

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Capital One GM Card

I got my third pre-approved letter in the mail. I was shredding them because, I kept getting denied increases with my quicksilver one and the platinum card. A few months later, both my cap one qs1 and the platinum card was auto upgraded 250 each. So took a try at the GM card and was approved.

I don't obsess over my score anymore. I will pay down monthly and work on baddies ;I have several left.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One GM Card

Good job!! Enjoy it.

Message 2 of 12
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval.  I just wish their website wasn't down every single time I've tried to log on for the past few weeks. 

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 3 of 12
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blackswizz750 wrote:
I got my third pre-approved letter in the mail. I was shredding them because, I kept getting denied increases with my quicksilver one and the platinum card. A few months later, both my cap one qs1 and the platinum card was auto upgraded 250 each. So took a try at the GM card and was approved.

I don't obsess over my score anymore. I will pay down monthly and work on baddies ;I have several left.

Congrats!!! What's your SCL?

Message 5 of 12
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

It was just 500. I will put my small monthly items like the gym and kids instruments on it. Easy to pay down. This is a regular MC to me. I thought world MasterCard have much higher sl.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job on getting the BuyPower card! This card is known to give really low SL'S, so that's why I haven't bothered with it. That and the rewards structure isn't really something that I could use. What is your APR after the intro period ends?
Message 7 of 12
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Not sure yet. I should have it by next Monday. I called on the mailing status and it is a wemc. I am working on rebuilding my credit and it's hard to get credit cards now.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 12
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Got my card today and it is shiny with no raised digits like my other cap1 cards. Don't know how it's wemc but I will use what I can to rebuild my credit. It is 12 months no interest on purchases then 23% afterwards. I will make this my churn card and pay off monthly. This journey is slow and seeing others who get 5000 and 10000 sl make me want to go app crazy.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.