Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum? AMEX Optima?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum? AMEX Optima?

Oh?

is this a prequalified offer from CAPITAL ONE? Who I burned not only for a $1k+ Limit, but for a $10k car loan?

*tiptoes into the application like the cat from Tom & Jerry*

APPROVED?

oh!

I’ll take $500! Cute little rainy day card!  Thank you!

*slithers away*

No goodwill letters, no settlement offers, just a little strategy I call “Waiting it out.”  It is better not to wake a sleeping bear.

credit score low 600s, high util on one card.

Amex agreed to reinstate me for an Optima with a guaranteed 1k limit after I pay off the 3k I burned them for.  I’ll take it!  Gotta start somewhere!

thanks for reading!

14 REPLIES 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum? AMEX Optima?

Congrats!

Now work on getting the heck out of 500 FICO Scores in your siggy so we can better help #1 Priority.

Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! You sre on your waySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love the intro!  Congrats on getting back into the game.

Message 4 of 15
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting back on track!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 15
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Can I ask how you got offered the Optima card? I have a 1300 CO, over a year old, with Amex and chatted with a rep today regarding the optima and they said:

Do you wish to apply for Optima American Express card ?
Analia - 11:11 AM
I had heard that it was available to those who had a charged off account as a part of their repayment
You - 11:12 AM
I was trying to find some more information about it.
Please stay with me while I check this for you
Analia - 11:12 AM
thank you.
Tori, I checked and it seems that you are referring the limited time offer to change to that card as retention however, at this time there is no such offer available but still ...
Analia - 11:14 AM
Since that details were also available with phone services team
You certainly can call them onc
Once *
And see if there is any option or offer

So i am wondering how you got yours, if you called in or there was a mailer or how!? Thanks!!
RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I had applied for another Amex and was declined.  When I called the number listed, they said it was because of my old account (almost 10 years old).  Since I woke the bear I started getting letters and that was one of the offers.  They broke down my balance into 24 installments and detailed that if I made all the installments on time, that I could apply for an Optima so long as my income was good, too.  So it’s not a magic thing I would still have to qualify for the Optima when the time comes.

Message 7 of 15
lol83083

You can call Amex Global
collections 877-443-0144. But, you will have to agree to and then follow through with paying the total balance. You won’t get the offer of you settle for less than the full balance.
Message 8 of 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.