Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Approval! Shocked.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum Approval! Shocked.

6 days post Ch7 BK D/C and I received a prequal from Capital One on their website for the Platinum and the QS1. Took the Platinum and was expecting a very low amount. Received $2000 SL!  Totally shocked and happy they let me back in so soon. I burned them very badly with a Venture card.
DATA POINTS:
*No idea of Ficos yet.
*Credit Karma scores (using only for monitoring accounts) are 678 EQ and 668 TU. 
*EQ and EX show bankruptcy discharged. TU does not as of yet. Accounts are starting to update to discharged. 
*Have a thick file. 31 closed accounts, closed car lease and an old mortgage that only shows on EQ. Should have dropped off two years ago actually.
*Got a Credit One card with a $500 SL one month prior to DC and it automatically increased to $700 after first payment/2nd statement. 
*Also opened a Self Lender one month prior to DC. Just made 2nd payment today.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum Approval! Shocked.

Congrats on the approval and immediate success!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep it up!! Next time you'll PC it to QS for rewards and CLI after a few months Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, you're back in the game.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cap1 success & not getting put into the $300 starter bucket. When I got my Cap 1 P card in 2014 I started at the same $2K SL and quickly received two SLIs, taking me up to $3500 CL before I mucked it up. Take care of it & you will grow that CL!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats on your Capital One Platinum approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all so much! I thought for sure I'd be getting that infamous $300 limit.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approval !!!!

Message 8 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man I am so jealous! But congrats!!! If I may ask , your venture card that you IIB , was it charged off or anything before your BK? I IIB them as well but it was still an active card at the time of my bk7 and was 30 days late when I filed. I keep checking their prequal but they still don't like me yet.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.