Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum Approval

Currently have Cap 1 secured card with $500 ($50 deposit) and applied for unsecure one and got appoved with $500 SL, little disappointed regarding the limit and wonder if they could absorbed the unsecured limit with the new one?

They pulled all 3 CR's 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum Approval

Congrats.  You're in the door. Use the card frequently and pay the balance frequently. They will take care of you in time.  Their phone app is pretty good and makes it very easy to keep track of balances and make payments.  Good luck !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  Keep up the Great work on your Credit Build!!! Smiley Happy

It never happens as Fast as you want it too but Slow and Steady WINS 

the RACE here Grasshopper.  Smiley Wink Use it alot and Pay in Full

every Month, You're well on your WAY!!!  I see Walmart, Barclays & QS1

Cards next for you in 6 Months time for sure.  That's how I did it!!!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, Gadgetmang! After you make your 1st payment, request a product change to the Quicksilver with no annual fee. Some have done it sooner, but I think after you make your 1st payment it's almost a sure thing. Then you can earn a little cashback. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I personally have not had experiece combining the limits. Best to call in or search the forum here. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The secured Capital One card is a stand alone product.  They won't combine limits or allow any customer initiated credit increases.   Definitly try for the product change to the Quicksilver.

Message 7 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

you'll get there, don't worry! Just use and pay, use and pay, and eventually down the road, you'll qualify for a better card of theirs like the Venture or Venture One, with a much higher limit! Thats what happened to me....the rest is history! LOL.. Smiley Wink Congrats again
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, Gadgetmang! After you make your 1st payment, request a product change to the Quicksilver with no annual fee. Some have done it sooner, but I think after you make your 1st payment it's almost a sure thing. Then you can earn a little cashback. Smiley Happy

Cool I'll try that thanks.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your unsecured card with Capital one! Would you mind sharing your current scores with us?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.