Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Approval!

tag
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum Approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!  I received an upgrade to QS after my 2nd statement (I didn't ask until then).

Lets say if that happens after my 2nd payment, would that be HP on my credit report or is it just an automatic upgrade to the QS?

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marcforza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!  I received an upgrade to QS after my 2nd statement (I didn't ask until then).

Lets say if that happens after my 2nd payment, would that be HP on my credit report or is it just an automatic upgrade to the QS?

Nope, no HP. It's basically just changing your existing card to the QS. You will then get the 1.5% cashback feature but card number and APR (unfortunately) stay the same. But the cashback makes it way better than leaving it the Platinum. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marcforza1 wrote:

Last night after doing some reseaches on apping for the right cc based on my credit score/history, I decided to pull that trigger one more time and went for a Capital One Platinum card. Previous had 3 INQ, with both the Barclaycard Cashforward and Paypal MC denied last week, 46% util on the Freedom card, long history, and two minor collections from two years ago that were paid and closed last summer. Still waiting for the balance of my FU card to post so my util. goes down to about 22%. 

Went on the Capital One site, did the prequalification and said I can get the Platinum or Journey. Went with the Platinum since my whole purpose is to rebuild my credit. Instantly approved with a $1000 CL (can get cli after 5 consecutive on-time payments), and 24.99% APR. I'm fine with the cl considering that this card is only being used for gas or small Ebay purchases less than $30. So now, I'm going to do this gardening thing and maybe see in June see about getting a Walmart, Paypal or even a Amex card once my scores get up near the mid-600s.

Congrats!! CapOne Platinum was my oldest card.. Opened in 2011 with 1K SL and an $39 AF and grew to 5K this yr and got upgraded PC to the Quicksilver with no AF this time.

CapOne has been very good to me thru bad times and good times.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  I was approved by Cap One Platinum last week as well. (500 dollars)  My first credit card in 6 years.  I also got approved by Kohls and L Card.   You might want to try them as well as everyone else turned me down. I was even turned down by Discover secured.  

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!   Sounds like you're off to a great start rebuilding your credit!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.