Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum Approval

I got two pre-approvals in the mail for the Capital One Platinum card, one with my maiden name and the other with my married name. The one with the maiden name had 0% interest until May 2018, so I applied with that offer (I updated my name and other info on the app) and got approved with a SL of $300.

I'm still pretty happy because it has no annual fee and it says I can get a CLI after 5 on time monthly payments. Also, I'm hoping to move onto a better Cap1 card before the 0% apr runs out (possible?).

Other info:

I have a Wells Fargo secured card $500 limit (since March), a VS card $350 limit and NY&Co $400 limit (went SCT crazy, July), and a Walmart card $200 (meh, July).

I also have 4 accounts in collections (from 2012-2014), and a million student loans (all in good standing).

Hope this info helps!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Platinum Approval

Congrats on your rebuild and approval.  Hoping to see 6-12 months down the line more approvals and CLI posts to show your progress and your scores going up. 

Do you self a favor and don't open ANY more SCT as they are good and bad and in the long run end up being bad due to AAoA hit, etc... One or two are fine, but don't go crazy.. Keep the path you are on and keep utilization down and watch your scores rise

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Job!!!  Keep up the great work on the Re-Build, you'll do Great! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Now, let those accounts aged. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job, excellent advice from CC, you have enough cards now that you want to start creating positive payment history which is often overlooked in the rush to get a bunch of cards or high limitsSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my DH got the same card offer in the mail and decided to apply today (motivated by my approval), he got approved with a $2,000 SL. I'm so jealous! Lol

But he only has 1 item in collections from a few years ago, and student loans in good standing. His other cards are a Fifth Third secured card with $1,000 limit (he's had it almost a year), a GameStop card ($200 limit, July) and a Walmart card ($200 limit, July).

We're both cooling it on the the apps for now. I want to see where we are in a year. Although we might be looking for an auto loan sometime early next year.

Message 6 of 7
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Congrats make sure you keep the UL low

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.