Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum CLI Awesomeness!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum CLI Awesomeness!!

My CapOne Platinum card is my oldest active card. CapOne was the only bank that gave me a chance back in 2011 when my credit was in shambles.

They gave me $500 SL with the Platinum Card with a 24% APR and a $39 AF.

After a yr, even if my credit was not improving, I requested another CLI and said WTH.. They gave me 1K CLI. 

Another yr passed requested another CLI and they gave me another 1K making my CL now to 2K.

Earlier this yr when I gave an effort to start fixing my credit, I requested another CLI and they gave me another 1K making my CL now to 3K.

Today that my Credit has gradually improved I requested another CLI and I got an instant 2K making my CL now to 5K!

Awesome!! Baby Step CLI for sure but they really value their customers. Just last week I got my AF waived.

Really wish someday they will upgrade my card to QS or Venture. They said as of right now I don't have any offers.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Platinum CLI Awesomeness!!

Congratulations on making such good strides!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your latest CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You!!

Message 4 of 9
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Have you asked to move to QS? I did and they did it no problem. Congrats on the steps!
TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Khalifa_Jayy

Yes, I mentioned that and they said I don't have the offer and to check back some other time. Also said If I really wanted the card why won't I just apply. That's a No No, Gardening mode now, will only do CLI's and not open a new CC.

Oh well.. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI!!! Hopefully the offer to upgrade will come up soon. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I did the exact thing you did. My Cap1 Platinum was my first credit card ever, SL 500 with $39 AF.... a few years later and it was converted (upon my request) to QS1 and then a few months after that to QS. It now has a CL of $14k with SP CLI love every 6 months

Just to be clear it won't take you a few years to convert from Plat to QS. I had just waited so long because I hadn't found this forum yet!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abby2932

Thank You.. Glad to share the same experience with CapOne.

I keep on harassing them through chat on a daily basis on why I don't have an offer to upgrade my Platinum to QS to take advantage on the updated benefits. 

From now on, I'm going to put these dates on my calendar to repeat every 6 months so I can request CLI on a regular 6 months. I can't believe I have been with them for 5 yrs and my CL is still on 5K. Oh well that was partly my fault.

I really hope I get the offer soon. I mean its showing I'm prequalified for the card already. I just don't want to apply for a new card.

Gardening ATM for a car purchase next Spring of 2017.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.