Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Card Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Platinum Card Approved

Congrats! This was also my first "real" card after secured cards/small student CU cards; got approved for 2k back in February after a while of rebuilding.

I had a bunch of large expenses that I was able to charge right away - about $1400 total - which I then paid down to $500 just before the first statement posts later this week. Based on what others have said here I'm interested to see how that'll play into future auto CLIs.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Nice SL...keep up the good work!!

Message 12 of 19
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous!  Do you think I will see an CLI after 6 monthly payments? @Anonymous

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous!  Do you think I will see an CLI after 6 monthly payments? @Anonymous

You may receive an email introducing you to the "credit steps" program. If this happens, it will tell you to use the card at least once and if you have no late payments they will automatically increase your limit after your 6th statement. While in the program, many (including myself) have been able to get an early increase after the 3rd statement and your credit steps increase after your 6th statement. Just remember...it will be a SP (if you initiate it) so you will not suffer either way...good luck and congrats again on your approval!!...Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You may receive an email introducing you to the "credit steps" program. If this happens, it will tell you to use the card at least once and if you have no late payments they will automatically increase your limit after your 6th statement. While in the program, many (including myself) have been able to get an early increase after the 3rd statement and your credit steps increase after your 6th statement. Just remember...it will be a SP (if you initiate it) so you will not suffer either way...good luck and congrats again on your approval!!...Smiley Happy

@Thank you @Anonymous! You have been very helpful and supportive.  I greatly appreciate it! 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Thank you @Anonymous! You have been very helpful and supportive.  I greatly appreciate it! 

Just trying to return all that was freely given to me.....Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.  I would hold off on any new applications for a while.  The reason is you have a solid limit here and Capital One will give you CLI's in the future but if you go out and apply for a bunch of cards your not going to be seen as solid as if you are selective.  I would join Penfed and NFCU and depending on your scores consider applying for cards with them in a few months.  Without knowing your scores and AAOA etc it is impossible to give you specific advice. My only regret on my rebuild is that I applied for some cards before I had the scores to get approved and wasted some hard pulls.  I now don't apply for anything without some significant research and thought.

Message 17 of 19
A1Credit
Established Contributor

How can I join PenFed or NFCU when I am not military nor do I have any immediate family members that are?

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  I would hold off on any new applications for a while.  The reason is you have a solid limit here and Capital One will give you CLI's in the future but if you go out and apply for a bunch of cards your not going to be seen as solid as if you are selective.  I would join Penfed and NFCU and depending on your scores consider applying for cards with them in a few months.  Without knowing your scores and AAOA etc it is impossible to give you specific advice. My only regret on my rebuild is that I applied for some cards before I had the scores to get approved and wasted some hard pulls.  I now don't apply for anything without some significant research and thought.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@A1Credit wrote:

How can I join PenFed or NFCU when I am not military nor do I have any immediate family members that are?

@Anonymous wrote:

If you browse to the PenFed site. You will see options for joining one of two organizations for a small one time fee If you don't choose the options of being a service member or dependant of a service member or government worker (select other)....I believe...if memory serves me well...Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.