cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum approval

Highlighted

Capital One Platinum approval

Hello! 
Here to celebrate my Capital One Platinum approval with a starting limit of $1,000! The very next day my credit score moved into Good at 673.  I'm in a rebuild working towards buying a house next year and I'll now enter a garden phase as to not get anymore Inquiries and treat this card kindly! 

woot woot!

Starting 4/2020:

Current 8/2020:

North Star: Buy our first house in mid 2021!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 22
Highlighted
Super Contributor

In case you did not know, try to product upgrade from Platinum to QuickSilver (not QuickSilver One) in 3-4 months.

Capital One check for upgrade link

Message 3 of 22
Highlighted

@AllZero  good to know, would that add another inquiry or be a soft pull?

Starting 4/2020:

Current 8/2020:

Message 4 of 22
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Lulah wrote:

@AllZero  good to know, would that add another inquiry or be a soft pull?

No hard pull inquiry. It will not be another new account with product upgrade. Nothing changes except card design and 1.5% cash back reward structure.

Are you on Capital One credit steps?

Message 5 of 22
Highlighted

I think so, the automatic credit increases if qualified?  It said that at statement 5 it will automatically check for a CLI approval. @AllZero 

Starting 4/2020:

Current 8/2020:

Message 6 of 22
Highlighted

Congrats on getting the platinum card Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 7 of 22
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Lulah wrote:

I think so, the automatic credit increases if qualified?  It said that at statement 5 it will automatically check for a CLI approval. @AllZero 

Yes, that's it. Depending on your other available rewards cards, if you put sufficient spend on the Capital One card you may see a CLI. It may not be huge but any CLI is better than zero.

Message 8 of 22
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 22
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats, nice job. 👍

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.