Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum to QS

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Capital One Platinum to QS

So my DH and I sat down yesterday after his card upgraded on it's own to 500 after 3 or so payments (mini victory) to try the PU link and see if he can get the QS and......APPROVED literally instantly.      Same amount which I figured since it did upgrade on its own from the 300 to 500 but at least now he can get rewards so I got a ty for helping out and now I want to TY ALL for helping me to help him haha!      So WOOT WOOT and a THAAAAANKKKKK YOU!!!     When should he ask for his CLI on that one?     3 more statements and would it be a HP at that time?

19 REPLIES 19
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum to QS

Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Ty :3

Message 3 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on DH product upgrade!
Message 4 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Ty XD

Message 5 of 20
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your product upgrade. That's great! 🙂

Capital One is a great lender. If you use your card often and PIF, you will be rewarded with credit limit increases and approvals for their higher tier cards (Venture, Savor, etc)

Capital One has been monumental in my rebuild journey. I started with a Platinum card which I PC'd to the QS. via upgrade link and used it for literally everything. Since then, I've been approved for a Savor (grandfathered no AF) and Venture for 15k and 30k, respectively. You can always request a CLI on their website or phone. It will be a SP request. It's 9/10 six months from the date of last increase before you are eligible for a CLI.

As of late, it seems Capital One has tightened their lending requirements. They seem to like when you use their cards as your primary spending tool.

Message 6 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@jj10939 Ty so much it's the only card he has so No problem on using it as the main card there XD    But that info did help ty

Message 7 of 20
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congrats to you and DH!! I've the Platinum for a few months now, hope that works for me as well!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 8 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin   I hope so just keep an eye on the dots all of his dots filled up I want to say it was 5 I know it was over 3, but it updated and let him know he was eligible for the 500 if he stayed on track once all of those were all green that is when he did the PU link.  Smiley Very Happy    GOOD LUCK TO YOU!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 20
EverForward
Established Contributor

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.