cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Premier Dining Rewards Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Premier Dining Rewards Approved!

The Capital One Premier dining card has been on my mind for the last few months as a straight dining (and bars) reward card. At first, I wanted the AARP Card, but it was ugly and had that old person stigma. I also saw the Marvel Card, but it just wasn't my style. I also saw the Bank of the West card but that gave your rewards after a year and their site was super outdated. I also did not have have any interest in a Costco Citi Card as I never go there to justify the membership.

Being a Capital One 360 Checking and Savings customer made this ideal as I can easily pay my card in an instant without crazy wait times.

I decided to hit up the prequal page after raising my score 50 points this summer. I was worried as I read the few denial posts and the main Cap1 site mentioning that you need "Excellent" credit. Then I saw a youtube video where a guy got approved with a 715, so I thought why the hell not. I was approaching the end of my 6month 10% restaurant deal with AMEX BCE so now was the perfect time.

Approved for $10,000 instantly. TRIPLE PULL

Even though it is 3% vs 2% with my Citi DC, it makes tracking payments a cinch and more fluid from my checking. No foreign transaction fees finally! It is also a World Elite MasterCard and looks mighty fine compared to all the rest. Also comes with a $100 after $500 spend bonus.

My scores were..

722 Experian  (9/2 via AMEX)

722 Transunion (8/19 via BOA)

702 Equifax (8/22 via CITI)

My existing cards and limits were..

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday @ $24,000 (6 months old)

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature @ $5,000 (6 months old) previously had the platinum version @1K for 4 years but closed due to an AF dilemma.

Citi Double Cash WEMC @ $3,100 (1 year old)

Surprisingly, I have no HP for the above cards.

I applied with 2 other Hard inquiries from last year, 2% utilization (~$700), and student debt around $14,000. Income 50k.

Lastly, I decided to try and get the Chase Amazon Prime Reward card for 5% off Amazon with a $70 Amazon Gift card bonus.

Approved for $2500 instantly. Experian Pull.

Your credit score: 727 Scoring system name: Card Acquisition Risk Score

Date calculated: 9/6/2017 Source: Chase Bank USA, N.A.

I also wanted to know how well my wallet is doing, Am I doing this right guys? Limit is $44,600 in a short ammount of time.

I budget hardcore and never leave a balance for interest. I am just maximizing my dollars.

Amazon 5% Chase Amazon Prime Card     [$2,500] 20.24%

Gas 3.3% Bank Americard Cash Rewards  [$5,000] 0% until 5/18, 20.75% after

Groceries 3% AMEX BCE                              [$24,000] 0% until 4/18, 20.99% after

Dining 3% Cap1 Premiere Dining                [$10,000] 20.49%

Everything else 2% Citi Double Cash           [$3,100] 5.99% until 3/18, 21.99% after

Thanks, I am also open to any suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Premier Dining Rewards Approved!

outstanding galadar well done

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job 👍
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Awesome job!! Enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

At first, I wanted the AARP Card, but it was ugly and had that old person stigma. 

Choosing a credit card based on how aesthetically-pleasing it looks is a new one for me. But since the Capital One "Premier" card looks like their secured MasterCard at first glance, I wouldn't be calling out the AARP's looks too much Smiley LOL

Personally I like the way my AARP card looks, with the foiled/shiny overlay. It's an interesting conversation starter being in my very early 30's. People always want to know why I have an AARP card, and I get to tell them about 3% cashback on gas and restaurants, the $200 signup bonus, and the 12 months 0% introductory APR. Not too shabby for an old person card Smiley Happy 

Congrats on the approval! 

Message 5 of 7
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Happy I really like your lineup and how it goes with your spending categories.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.