Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS CLI questions - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One QS CLI questions - Update: Approved

Howdy. I'm hunkered down for new credit, as forecast to close on new house Spring 2020. So working on gardening existing portfolio. Currently eyeing a CLI for the Cap1 QS.

Its been 184 days since product combine Cap1 M/C to QS. Opened the QS 8/17/18. I have two inquiries aging past 1 year mark on August 7th, and 17th. Currently 3-5-3, so will be 1-3-1 on August 18th.

Scores hovering around low 700's.

No missed payments since Feb 2018.

Reported CC debt is  around $400.

CL's are QS 3801, Disco 10k, Amex 25k.

Two q's:

Basically wondering if, should pull trigger now, or wait until August 18?

Also, when pull trigger, should I do on-line or call? I would love to get an even CL number! 

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One QS CLI questions

@Anonymous wrote:

Howdy. I'm hunkered down for new credit, as forecast to close on new house Spring 2020. So working on gardening existing portfolio. Currently eyeing a CLI for the Cap1 QS.

Its been 184 days since product combine Cap1 M/C to QS. Opened the QS 8/17/18. I have two inquiries aging past 1 year mark on August 7th, and 17th. Currently 3-5-3, so will be 1-3-1 on August 18th.

Scores hovering around low 700's.

No missed payments since Feb 2018.

Reported CC debt is  around $400.

CL's are QS 3801, Disco 10k, Amex 25k.

Two q's:

Basically wondering if, should pull trigger now, or wait until August 18?

Also, when pull trigger, should I do on-line or call? I would love to get an even CL number!

No reason to wait past the 181 days, as it's SP and if denied, you could ask the next day if you wanted 

Cap One cares mostly about spending, so if you've put a lot of spend, you may get one. It does not matter how you request it, computer will decide on the amount if CLI is granted

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios, thank you, good to know about the computer-generated result.

Here are last six months of spend on this account, usually paid to nearly full just before statement cuts, and always pif upon statement --

What do you think?

Message 3 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I really dont know, the best results seem to be at around 75% of CL for at least three consecutive months 

I've closed mine, so I dont exactly remember, but I think you can decline if you dont like the amount. I'll defer to others on that DP 

With that said, I would not overspend just to make Cap One happy, especially if your Disco is still in cashback match period. 

Message 4 of 9
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Those spend amounts look like they should net you a decent CLI from CapOne.  I've done less than those, and received two $3000 CLI's the past 10 months (an auto CLI in Dec and a manual CLI in June).  Started at $3500 and now at $9500.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I let it rip.

Salary 198k

Monthly Mortgage 5k

Monthly CC spend 4k

Monthly QS spend 2k

Desired max 10k

The big computer in the sky returned, "Congrats! You're approved for $3k to $6,801. Would like a lower maxium limit?"   I clicked YES! and submitted $6,500 which was also approved. Hehe at least its a round number now.  Thanks @Remedios and @Duke_Nukem (which, btw I played all those moons ago).

Message 6 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One QS CLI questions - Update: Approved

Congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 9
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One QS CLI questions - Update: Approved

Congrats on your increase!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.