Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS CLI (rolls eyes)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One QS CLI (rolls eyes)

My card is now 1 year old, PC'ed from a Journey. I'm so excited about the $100 CLI that I received today to make a whopping $850 CL...what a massive increase...not. Smiley Frustrated

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One QS CLI (rolls eyes)

What were your scores like when you first got the card?  When did you PC it and how were your scores when you PC'd?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't even generate a FICO score at the time. Scores were about 720-ish when I PC'ed about 4 months in. SL was $300.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate that these sub-prime accounts are credit card backed securities! I, like many others, don't want to open new accounts, which lower our AAoA, give us a triple pull, and a new account we don't want just to eventually combine after 6 months. But, business is business and at least I'm improving the risk of some investor's portfolio...

Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

REROFLSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One blows with their triple pulls and skimpy CLIs. Mine started in 2011 with $3000 I think. It was up to $5500 recently. I combined accts so now I’m at $8500. Its in the SD where it belongs and I’ll take whatever auto CLIs they dole out. I had Venture on my radar because I’d like a high limit card but I think I’ll look elsewhere. A credit union more than likely.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a young file and had no scores when you applied and were given a small starting limit.  I know it isn't the CL you want (I have the same limit and started with the same limit as you, but my card is 3 years old), but you have almost tripled the limit of the card in one  years time.  While I won't necessarily say you are stuck at that limit, I don't foresee the card ever becoming a large limit.  If you applied for a new card you would likely get a higher SL and you can always combine the CL and keep the history of the older card.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You have a young file and had no scores when you applied and were given a small starting limit.  I know it isn't the CL you want (I have the same limit and started with the same limit as you, but my card is 3 years old), but you have almost tripled the limit of the card in one  years time.  While I won't necessarily say you are stuck at that limit, I don't foresee the card ever becoming a large limit.  If you applied for a new card you would likely get a higher SL and you can always combine the CL and keep the history of the older card.

I don't think it will ever surpass a few k either (even over the course of many years that is). I just don't want a new account that I don't even want on my report to drag down AAoA, even when it becomes closed. Oh well, ain't nothing I can do otherwise.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My card is now 1 year old, PC'ed from a Journey. I'm so excited about the $100 CLI that I received today to make a whopping $850 CL...what a massive increase...not. Smiley Frustrated

What was your balance on your card at the time of your CLI?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

$185.94 is my current balance.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.