Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS *approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One QS *approval

Called the application status line today. My application was approved with a $300 limit. Super excited since I'm rebuilding and just started January 26th of this year!

What tips can you provide? Should I use the card for a small purchase and pay off the balance before I get my statement?

My goal is to have a score in the high 700's within the next 4 years because I'll need to apply for a home loan.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One QS *approval

The most important thing you can do is pay on time. As you probably know, utilization is just a snapshot in time. In other words, if it isn't ideal one month, it can be fixed the next.

If this is your only card and you'd like to optimize the utilization portion of your score, let a small balance report to the bureaus (without paying interest, of course). Pay your card down to between $5 and $10 before the statement cuts, and let that amount report. Reporting a balance of zero will ding you. If you have more than one card, leave the small balance on one card with the rest paid to zero.

For more information, search for AZEO on this forum. And of course, feel free to ask questions. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything HeavenOhio said and I'll add set up auto pay.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect, thanks to both of you! Yes, this is my 1st and only credit card. I'll take your advice on this.
Message 4 of 7
BrokenBones
New Contributor

Congrats. If you're enrolled in credit steps make sure you request a CLI on your 3rd or 4th statement. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cap1 approval and good luck on rebuilding.

They can be very helpful for that it you take care of things 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be sure to do that. Can't wait to be in the 700 club with y'all!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.