cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One, Quicksilver One Approval - First Unsecured Bank Card!

tag
geekmama
Contributor

Capital One, Quicksilver One Approval - First Unsecured Bank Card!

So, today, I received an alert that my Exp FICO 8 had risen to 639. 

Later on I checked the Capital One prequal site and to my surprise, and for the very first time, I was matched with something other than the secured card.  I was  matched with the classic and quicksilver one.

I apped for the Quicksilver One and was approved with a credit limit of $300.00. 

This is my first unsecured visa since I started rebuilding my credit a few months ago.  I have seen so much progress since I started and can't wait to see where the future takes me.

I will manage it carefully, and hopefully, in six months get a nice increase.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One, Quicksilver One Approval - First Unsecured Bank Card!

@geekmama wrote:

So, today, I received an alert that my Exp FICO 8 had risen to 639. 

Later on I checked the Capital One prequal site and to my surprise, and for the very first time, I was matched with something other than the secured card.  I was  matched with the classic and quicksilver one.

I apped for the Quicksilver One and was approved with a credit limit of $300.00. 

This is my first unsecured visa since I started rebuilding my credit a few months ago.  I have seen so much progress since I started and can't wait to see where the future takes me.

I will manage it carefully, and hopefully, in six months get a nice increase.

Way to go! Congratulations!!!  Isn't it an awesome feeling?!   Smiley Very Happy  Take care of that card as if it is gold and your scores will improve more and more.  Rebuilding is a tough road. You've done a great job getting your scores up.  Now keep it going. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!! You're moving in the right direction! Very excited for you! 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Remember you can request a CLI at three months! Plus it's always a soft pull with cap one. And also remember to ask to PC to Quicksilver so you don't have to pay the annual fee. Was it enrolled in credit steps as well?
Message 4 of 13
geekmama
Contributor

How would I tell if it's in credit steps?
Message 5 of 13
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Congratulations. C1 gave me my first card in rebuilding, too. I still have it - started with $1800 spending limit...eventually grew to the $17k it is today.

Your benefit is that you've found this place and are well on the way to rebuild - I didn't really start paying attention until about 2 years ago. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
jrmalvarez
Valued Member

CONGRATS!!!

EXP: 806 - EQ: 775 - TU: 796
AMEX BCP: 21k CL Chase Sapphire Reserve: 20.7k CL Citi DC: 16k CL
Discover IT: 15k CL Chase Auto Loan 47k 72M @ 9.99, iKea Projekt 8.8k, Target Red Card 2k, Amazon Store 10k
Message 7 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your first unsecured cc.  If you treat it well it will be the key to a successful credit path Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Cap 1 QS1 approval. It was my first card after my BK-7. It felt so good to be approved. As for credit steps, I received a message about a month after account opening stating that I will receive an automatic credit limit increase after 5 on-time payments!!! 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Congratulations!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.