cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver One CLI success!

tag
WarthogWrangler
Contributor

Capital One Quicksilver One CLI success!

I know a lot of people on here complain about Cap1 and to a degree I see their point.   Here's a quick success story.  Started last year with horrible credit.  Cap1 was the only people to give me an unsecured Platinum card with a SL of $350.  That card auto CLI'd to $500 at the six month mark.  During that time I also applied for and was approved for a QS1 card with a SL of $1000 which had an auto CLI to $1500 at the six month mark.  

My platinum card was PC'd to a QS card but remained at $500 and eventually they gave me a measly $100 CLI to $600.   Well today my QS1 card hit one year old and was eligable for a CLI so I hit the love button expecting maybe a $500 dollars increase.... I got a $5000!   So now my QS1 is at $6500 limit!  I use the card for everything and pay in full every month.  Usually spend about $2500 a month on it.   They were very generous to me today.  Just wanted to share my experience with them so far and show a little love to them in a forum full of people that dislike them. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver One CLI success!

Thats amazing, congrats on the CLI.

Message 2 of 18
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Congrats indeed

Message 3 of 18
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Cap One can be extremely generous.

Sometimes one needs to open a new account, but generous all the same.

Congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Those that have success with CLIs on Capital One cards are those that utilize the cards regularly and for significant amounts, as you’ve shown.
Message 5 of 18
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Congrats on your success. I actually liked Cap One when I had my QS. I closed it in Nov due to the fact that I was trimming my cards down. They gave me 2 or 3 of instant CLI over the almost 4 years going from 10k to 16k. The last time I hit the button they had to review it and denied me. It was just as well as I didn't need it but was trying to increase my total credit after closing another card. I really have nothing bad to say about Cap One other than the triple pull most people complain about when applying for their cards. 

Message 6 of 18
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats and thanks for Sharing your experience

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 7 of 18
WarthogWrangler
Contributor

Thanks everyone, I was really shocked they gave me such a high increase.  Hopefully in another 6 months they will give me even more.  

Message 8 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent CLI out them, if they gave 2% rebate instead of 1.5% I would use my card more, at this point it is used to keep it alive once or twice a year. Grats on getting the 5K Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Once they like you they will give out nice CLI's and future apps will yield good results also. First one was $1200 Plat for me. And approvals were all at 10k for the 3 below afterwards.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.